Job Responsibilities : Air/Ocean Import Specialist II (Remote)
Salary : $42000 Per Year
Company : A.N. Deringer, Inc.
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
Serves as the customer service liaison between the Company and the customer
Resolves problems (i.e. billing tracing shipments) and handles customer concerns. Builds relationships with customers.
Processes Custom and PGA (Participating Government Agency) entries for clearance of goods into the United States
Experience specific to FDA submission requirements and clearance of food commodities
Opens files enters notes information and document requests in corporate systems
Reviews commercial invoice for proper information
Reviews documentation or issue documents to meet government regulations and carrier regulations
Convert and verify shipment weight volume and foreign currency
Sends information/document requests to company’s employees suppliers service providers and/or U.S. Government agencies as needed
Communicates with specified offices departments and teams on all issues affecting customs brokerage
Ensures compliance with regards to U.S. Government regulatory agencies such as FDA EPA USFWS etc.
Coordinates shipping details with U.S. Forwarders Steamship Lines Airlines Agents etc.
Maintains communication with customers carriers and vendors
Coordination of shipments from airline ocean piers and CFS (container freight station) to customer/consignee destination
Coordinates pick-ups and invoices files
Stays up-to-date on regulations laws guidelines and Deringer requirements. Acts as a resource to internal and external clients.
Handles accounting processes accurately and in a timely manner
Ensure email and telephone calls are promptly and professionally answered
Handles confidential information. May give instruction to colleagues and is expected to make recommendations to improve processes and the functioning of the department and/or Company
- Coordinates aspects of the routing and clearance of freight at the US border to include providing quotes to customers working with international and/or domestic agents approving carrier invoices for payment handling pick-ups and deliveries.
- Determines best methods for shipping to ensure customer satisfaction; thereby retaining existing business and attracting new business.
- Prepares documents required for import of clients’ shipments.
- Prepares important documents for customs (i.e. bonds bills classify / release and reports) including OGAs.
- Produces relative documentation to secure the release of import consolidations from carriers; handles all turnover documents to other brokers as well as internal transfer and in-bond movements.
- Prepares import documents including: bills of lading dock receipts licenses and consulate documents and distributes documents to all appropriate parties.
- Cross-trains in additional responsibilities.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent with two years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2+ years of entry experience
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Accurate data entry skills. Able to perform repetitive tasks.
All Deringer employees should be fully committed to the Core Values:
Passion Respect Integrity Expertise Innovative Solutions Relationships Support Determination Value and a High Level of Accountability
In addition the following competencies are specific to this position:
- Analytical – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; demonstrates ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Customer Oriented – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; demonstrates ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things; takes responsibility for own actions; contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Work Standards – Sets high standards and well-defined realistic goals for one’s self; displays a high level of effort and commitment towards completing tasks in a timely manner; demonstrates ability to work independently; meets deadlines and handles large volumes of work.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% – 100% of the workday).
- The employee is required to regularly use hands and fingers; talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus.
- The employee usually works in a quiet environment.
- The employee may lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this role and is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Deringer reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity