Job Responsibilities : Security Researcher (Remote)
Salary : $83,389 – $125,083 a year
Company : CrowdStrike
Location : Remote
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement tracking systems that inform cross-team adversary tracking efforts based on observed exploitation behavior.
- Improve and maintain capabilities for detecting exploits malicious payloads and other potential attack vectors using existing data sources.
- Identify opportunities for increasing the visibility of threats specifically exploits using new data sources.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the inner functioning of relevant exploits through reverse engineering.
- Develop tools to assist with the automation of exploit analysis tasks by extending static and dynamic analysis frameworks.
- Create a classification framework that aids attribution of intrusion activity based on vulnerabilities used and characteristics in observed exploits.
- Contribute to active mitigation efforts with technical expertise.
- Develop host-based and network-based signatures suited for large-scale hunting detection and prevention of identified exploits.
- At least three years of experience in static and dynamic malicious code reverse engineering.and exploit and vulnerability analysisProficiency in exploitation techniques that are commonly seen in exploits for userspace and kernel-level vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of common network service exploitation techniques.
- Solid understanding of at least two operating system platforms including Microsoft Windows.
- Profound knowledge of reverse engineering tools (disassemblers decompilers debuggers) and processes (unpacking malware reconstructing code logic etc).
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages in particular Python..
- Ability to express complex technical and non-technical concepts in verbal and graphical products.