Job Responsibilities : Customer Service Representative – Remote
Salary : 17 per Hour
Company : UnitedHealthcare
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
$1500 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Training classes start soon – apply today!
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people including yourself. We offer the latest tools most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life’s best work . SM
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you’re likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It’s dramatic. It’s positive. And it’s being led by companies like UnitedHealthcare part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Now you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members by interfacing and solving issues with their health care providers. As part of our Provider Services group the quality of support you deliver will directly translate into better care for their patients This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am – 7:00pm.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Answer incoming phone calls from customers sales agents and health care providers (i.e. physician offices clinics) and identify the type of assistance the caller needs (EG. benefit and eligibility billing and payments authorizations for treatment explanation of benefits or account issues)
- Focus on resolving issues on the first call navigating through complex computer systems to identify the status of the issue and provide appropriate response to caller
- Deliver information and answer questions in a positive manner to facilitate strong relationships with providers sales agents and customers
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll interact with customers sales agents and providers with the intent to develop a relationship with them. Within a high volume setting you’ll need to develop knowledge of our various products and business processes in order to best assist our providers/customers.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office administrative clerical) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am – 7:00pm CST
- Healthcare insurance experience
- Medical customer service or Medical provider office experience
- Ability to type 50wpm
- Skilled in problem solving to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully collect relevant information build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Strong reading comprehension and the ability to quickly and accurately read and interpret call notes and insurance contracts
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity Compassion Relationships Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career or are an experienced veteran or spouse we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa a Senior Quality Analyst works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let’s talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry’s singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now add your energy your passion for excellence your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals states and communities military families and veterans where ever they’re found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It’s where you can do your life’s best work. SM
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time part time or per diem basis (Internal Candidates) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex age national origin protected veteran status disability status sexual orientation gender identity or expression marital status genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO #YELLOW