Job Responsibilities : Customer Service Support Representative (Call Center)
Salary : $19 an hour
Company : Pearson
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
The Customer Service Support Representative will report to a Customer Relations Supervisor and serve as the primary support to ensure that families who have enrolled with a Connections Academy school are served with a best-in-class customer service experience. The team works closely and collaboratively with other Enrollment and Customer Engagement teams to ensure that the customer’s experience will be delightful.
The position is expected to have a broad-based knowledge of the post-enrollment experience and Connections Academy program knowledge. A successful Customer Service Support Representative will be able to provide a timely one-stop resolution for enrolled families whether on the phone in email or through a support ticket.
- Provides immediate ongoing and efficient information and problem resolution to families in a timely manner via telephone e-mail or support ticket management.
- Utilizes systems and tools as prescribed to provide the most accurate solutions to customers.
- Completes assigned administrative tasks to high standard and on time including Issue Aware support tickets email webmail and Address Change requests for enrolled families.
- Provides efficient conflict resolution in a friendly and professional manner.
- Participates in regular team meetings one-on-one leadership meetings and training opportunities as assigned.
- Protects the privacy of student account information through compliance with federal student privacy law (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Maintains a productive working relationship with other departments and school leadership through professional communication both written and verbal.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills including the ability to calmly deescalate issues and take appropriate action to resolve problems and offer solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with software applications used in the department including Salesforce.
- Accountability skilled at trouble shooting and owning the solution.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under time-sensitive deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use active listening skills.
- Strong research skills; must be able to utilize resources to find answers and to follow processes and procedures expected of the position.
- Demonstrated understanding of FERPA guidelines and internal policies regarding student and employee privacy.
- Ability to understand and follow professional standards.
- Preferably with prior call center experience.
- High School Diploma required.
- Customer service experience required experience in an inbound phone queue a plus.
- Prior experience with a CRM like Salesforce a plus.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite a plus.
This position will be 40 hours/week Monday-Friday and have an assigned shift within 8am-8pm ET.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act Pearson provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set level of experience and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only the starting pay for this role is $19/hr. This position is not bonus eligible and information on benefits offered is here.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality digital content and learning experiences as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced opportunities are accessible consideration and respect are the norm and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent we believe that diversity equity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn grow and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications merit and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race ethnicity color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity gender expression age national origin protected veteran status disability status or any other group protected by law.
Job: CUSTOMER SERVICE
Organization: Virtual Learning
Req ID: 6070