Job Responsibilities : Remote Clinical Pharmacist
Salary : $17 per Hour
Company : Fresenius Medical Care
Location : Remote US
Job ID 220001Z0
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
- Respond to and document requests for medical information inquiries
- Routinely search medical literature and develop reviews and reports to key stakeholders
- Plan machine learning solutions to expedite medical information response time
- Support internal requests for dossier review and comment medical review
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Utilizes expertise in the Fresenius clinical systems and CKD environment to collaborate with case managers health plans dialysis clinic management/staff physicians pharmacists and others to achieve ongoing medication reconciliation and monitoring. Provides expertise in all matters relative to medication management in the dialysis patient population. Interacts directly with the dialysis care team as a functioning member accessible by providers and patients for questions recommendations and identification and management of drug related problems. Enhances quality of care by optimizing medication regimens reducing costs preventing hospitalizations and improving overall outcomes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prevents detects and resolves medication-related problems and makes appropriate evidence-based patient-centered medication therapy recommendations as part of the interdisciplinary team.
Determines and resolves any medication therapy problems including drugs without indications medical conditions for which no therapy is prescribed therapy inappropriate for medical condition incomplete immunization record inappropriate dose dosage form duration schedule route of administration method of administration therapeutic duplication medication allergies and clinically significant drug-drug drug-disease drug-nutrient or drug-laboratory test interactions.
Individualizes medication regimens using sound principles accounting for pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetic variations in drug absorption distribution metabolism and elimination with responsibility for establishing and continually improving the delivery of pharmaceutical care to patients within areas of direct responsibility. Assists others in the department with the same.
Provides clinical consultation to dialysis clinic staff physicians patients and/or internal personnel regarding medications including drug interactions side effects dosage and storage.
Develops clinical logic and algorithms to support clinical outreach programs for specific drug utilization groups. Works with Director of Clinical Services and Business Analyst to design reports and systems to support clinical pharmacy services.
Facilitates resolution of barriers to filling adhering to and appropriately taking prescribed medications.
Remains current with clinical literature especially related to the CKD population and co-morbid conditions associated with CKD and dialysis. Maintains competency to provide pharmaceutical care to all ages and types of patients that may be within the dialysis clinic. Participates in professional societies to enhance learning and knowledge.
Ensures accuracy of prescriptions identifies inconsistencies and initiates appropriate action to correct identified problems. Follows up with the appropriate personnel and agencies to ensure that the problems are resolved and corrected as required.
Participates in pharmacy continuous quality improvement (CQI) process by identifying documenting and reporting all errors to supervisor/manager pharmacist in charge and/or CQI department as appropriate.
Maintain thorough understanding and expert knowledge of pharmacy software and customer relationship management tools as well as clinical information systems and electronic health records.
Navigates software programs clinical information systems and other patient data sources to locate patient demographic information activity history medication and laboratory information and documents appropriately in those systems.
Developing professional expertise; applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Normally receives general work instructions on routine work detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness.
Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
Builds productive working relationships within the pharmacy within the larger FMCNA organization and with external partners as appropriate.
Provides excellent and professional service to all levels of staff relative to clinical information requests.
Provide assistance to staff with general tasks that require a better understanding of functions as directed by immediate supervisor.
May refer to senior level staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
Escalates issues to supervisor/manager for resolution as deemed necessary.
Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures local state and federal laws and regulations.
Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
Obtain state licensures as needed to support FreseniusRx initiatives.
Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit stand and work on a computer for long periods of time. Must be able to answer and communicate via telephone. Must lift a maximum of 10 pounds.
- Travel to meetings or training venues as needed.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree from an accredited college or school of pharmacy
- Completed ASHP-accredited PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency
- Completed ASHP-accredited PGY2 preferred
- Appropriate state licensure.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY-1 clinical pharmacy residency program; 2+ years of clinical experience.
- Strong clinical background in chronic and end-stage renal disease preferred.
- Pharmacokinetic monitoring skills.
- Medication Therapy Management (MTM) and patient interviewing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and a high degree of adaptability in learning new clinical systems is required.
- Knowledge of current pharmacy law.
- Continuing education in chronic and end-stage renal disease.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Click Here : Apply Now