Job Responsibilities : Call Center Representative (remote)
Salary : 17 per Hour
Company : MedCost LLC
Location : Remote US
- Answer calls from MedCost customers for benefit questions and support and provide resolutions as applicable for the levels defined for an entry level call center representative or escalate requests as appropriate.
- Identify Customer needs clarify information research every issue & provide solutions.
- Complete a clearly written detailed accurate documentation of all conversations in MBS call center database.
- As necessary determine the need for escalation the appropriate referral channels and send request for additional action steps.
- Make necessary outbound calls to correct issues or facilitate resolution for customers.
- Stay abreast of resource information to ensure appropriate information is being provided. This includes but is not limited to training manual plan documents on-line references & claims system.
- Coordinate resolution of open issues from incoming calls assigned either through management of open issues log or through call backs requested from voice mail.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Effective queue management based on defined adherence goals and/or staffing issues necessitating awareness.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Typing skills of at least 35 words per minute
- 1-2 years call center or customer service experience focused on customer complaints
- Knowledge and/or experience with medical terminology
- Knowledge of the health care industry call center queue environment and claims payment processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to ask probing questions & diffuse tense situations.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Effective problem-solving and influencing skills
- Strong organizational self-motivation and decision-making skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft programs (Word Excel PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as needed
MedCost provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoff recall transfer leaves of absence compensation and training.
MedCost participates in the Electronic Verification system (E-Verify) to electronically verify the work authorization of newly-hired employees. E-Verify is an internet-based program that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9 to data contained in the federal records of the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security to confirm employment eligibility. MedCost does not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants.