Job Responsibilities : Customer Service Representative (Remote Opportunity)
Salary : $14 per hour
Company : Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE)
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE) is more than just an insurance company; we exist to be there for people in the best and hardest moments of their lives.
Our team is the power behind that promise. And as the industry rapidly evolves and we seek ways to optimize business processes and customer experiences there’s no greater time for forward-thinking professionals like you to join us in delivering on it!
As a member of Team Blue you’ll find purpose opportunities and the support you need to build a meaningful career and make a powerful impact in our community.
What you’ll do:
- Interfaces with customers via telephone written correspondence fax web and/or electronic mail.
- Researches customer information utilizing appropriate systems policies regulations procedures and other reference materials to effectively respond to and resolve customer issues.
- Elevates sensitive customer requests when necessary.
- Comply with State and Federal regulations and mandates which are continually changing thus creating a very dynamic environment candidate is responsible to take initiative to stay current on policies and procedures required to support the customer and to ensure compliance.
- Accountable to remain current on knowledge of diverse products and proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and three years of experience in a complaint type customer service office setting (health insurance or related field preferred). An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for this requirement.
- Availability for training 14 to 16 weeks in length
- The ability to meet or exceed the attendance and timeliness requirements of their departments.
- The ability to work well in a team environment and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff departments and customers.
The strongest candidates for this position will also possess:
- Basic medical/dental terminology and contract interpretation is a plus
Learn more about what makes BCBSNE such an exceptional place to work by visiting NebraskaBlue.com/Careers.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience perspective and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans