Job Responsibilities : Remote Banking Supervisor (Ithaca, NY)
Salary : $52200 per year
Company : Tompkins Financial Corporation
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
***Position must be based in Ithaca NY***
Responsible for performing various tasks within the Remote Banking Department. Responsible for performing specialized processing duties in a multi-bank environment. Perform detailed operational duties and functions related to customers utilizing Lockbox services and Remote Deposit services. Research and resolve complex customer inquiries ensuring client satisfaction. Provide support and assistance to teammates and internal/external customers as required. Assist with review of Remote Banking systems as necessary in advance for proposing solutions required to adequately sustain customer satisfaction. Specialist is responsible for processing a variety of remittances for customers based on customer’s requirements ensuring processing deadlines are met. Assist customers with questions concerning remittance processing when necessary. Maintain workflow and trains peers as needed.
- Process all remittance payments received for customers according to the customer’s requirements and Company policies and procedures in a multi-bank environment. The individual in this position is expected to:
- Balance a variety of payment forms and checks.
- Prepare customer deposits.
- Prepare work for remittance processing equipment.
- Enter payments into remittance processing equipment with software required.
- Forward completed work to customers.
- Develop and maintain priorities according to customer/bank deadlines.
- Work with management to implement processing schedules procedures and automation specifications for customers. Document processing procedures.
- Track processing volume information for customer billing and report preparation.
- Assists with processing equipment maintenance and/or enhancements or updates.
- Assist with troubleshooting and routine diagnostics to resolve/prevent issues
- Test new equipment as needed and provides input on end user needs.
- Assist with ensuring department processing supplies are adequately maintained.
- Assist with researching and resolving customer problems and assist customers with remittance processing and/or Remote banking issues in a timely manner ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Abide by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented by management.
- Cooperate with and support the adherence to all internal policies procedures and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Company’s compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED with a demonstrated ability to perform multiple priorities in a production environment. Some college education is preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of banking or other related experience.
- Proficient mathematical and accounting skills.
- Proficient 10 key calculator skills.
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills verbal and written.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills.
- Proficient keyboarding and demonstrated ability to adapt to various personal computer programs.
- Demonstrated ability to track volume data and enter into user logs.
- Demonstrated ability to process work in accordance with a deadline.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Tompkins Financial Corporation is committed to the hiring advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race color creed religion age sex national origin disability veteran status marital status family status gender identity or expression sexual orientation and genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.