Job Responsibilities : iOS Sr. Software Development Engineer, Amazon Glow
Salary : 90000 per Year
Company : Amazon.com Services LLC
Location : Remote US
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture design patterns reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java C++ or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical discipline or industry experience.
- 6+ years of professional software development experience.
- 6+ years of firm understanding of software development principles capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms (Specifically iOS).
- 4+ years of experience delivering native mobile applications on iOS.
Open to remote candidates across the US.
Come be a part of the mission to improve children’s lifelong outcomes by helping them connect with adult loved ones no matter how near or far. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
Description of Glow: “A new-to-world virtual connected and projected interaction model designed to help children and remote loved ones play create read learn and have fun together as if they are right next to each other.”
You will work alongside product management research design and engineering (EE/ME) to define and build the product. You will be responsible for creating reliable scalable and high-performance mobile apps for iOS based systems. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define product features drive the software architecture and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups reaching 40000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings and host annual and ongoing learning experiences including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives learn and be curious and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough but kind code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong sense of ownership urgency and drive.
- Experience developing hybrid and native mobile applications using Swift
- Experience with object oriented design patterns and SwiftUI.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation protected veteran status disability age or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.