Job Responsibilities : Software Engineer
Salary : $109000 per year
Company : Breeze Airways™
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring The World’s Nicest Airline to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: To make the world of travel simple affordable and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology ingenuity and kindness.
Breeze is hiring- join us!
The Software Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing web-based software services for the airline handling minimally-complex to highly-complex issues and problems including referred issues and problems from colleagues depending on their level of expertise. Front-end or back-end work will be required. They should have a strong technical background in software creation and testing reverse engineering and various programming tasks. They should have strong interpersonal skills in order to collaborate with colleagues on correcting software issues. In addition they should also have a continuous desire to learn new things. Technology is constantly evolving and they will need to learn new programming languages and software design methods as they arise.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Develop and maintain software solutions for the airline
- Write clean functional code on the front and back-end
- Test and fix bugs or other issues
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
- Work as part of a development team in the design of software applications
- Conduct requirement analysis document technical specifications and write review and debug code
- Recommend product revisions or enhancements based on user feedback
- Develop and maintain documentation or user manuals
- Achieve performance measures and adhere to established standards in conjunction with Breeze Aviation Group Values of Safety Kindness Integrity Ingenuity and Excellence
Here’s what you need to be successful
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience including Boot Camp completion
- 2+ years relevant job experience or sufficient Boot Camp experience
- Must have authorization to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High performance orientation ability to work well under pressure prioritize projects meet deadlines and maintain flexibility
- Strong attention to detail organization and time management skills
- Self-starter must have a positive attitude and strong desire for success
- Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related field or professional certifications
- 4+ years software development experience
- Experience with the Ruby on Rails framework Angular 2+ framework PostgreSQL databases and/or other tools used by the Breeze software development team
- Knowledge and skills in software development and debugging
- Modern Angular experience is a bonus
- Exemplifies Breeze’s safety culture values and mission
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with individuals and teams at all levels in the organization
Perks of the Job
- Health Vision and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other Airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoff recall transfer leaves of absence compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click Careers at the bottom of the page.