Job Responsibilities : Finance Professional – Agriculture, Food, & Natural Resources
Salary : $28.24 an hour
Company : University of Minnesota
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
- BA/BS in business administration finance accounting or related field plus at least 4 years of related professional experience or an equivalent combination of related education and professional accounting experience to total 8 years.
- Experience with:
- Fund accounting
- Budget development and management
- Financial analysis and reporting
- Web-based enterprise financial systems
- Ability to work toward becoming a certified approver within one year of employment.
- Demonstrated verbal and written English communication skills.
- Advanced skills with Google Workspace Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe.
- Complete annual budget entry upload and fiscal year closeout in the University Enterprise Financial System (EFS).
- Review monitor and reconcile financial activity monthly in EFS. Analyze fiscal data for anomalies; investigate anomalies and recommend solutions.
- Retrieve data from a variety of sources including UM Analytics and the Extension portal. Prepare and distribute routine customized and ad hoc financial reports to center leaders budget monitors and principal investigators (PIs) .
- Develop and maintain forecasting tools to project future-year unit revenue and expenses.
- Regularly confer with center leadership to review the status of budgets and offer options that aid in management decisions.
- Provide post-award management to grant rebudgets contracts and/or subawards. Work with Sponsored Financial Reporting on closeout of grants payroll adjustments and removal of deficits.
- Perform a variety of additional accounting functions including transferring funds; and initiating and processing journal entries.
- Clarify UMN sponsored and non-sponsored financial policies and advise employees on proper procedures to follow.
- Support the creation and execution of business processes and training tools.
Payroll Accounting and Coordination
- Assist in processing Extension hires using the Hiring Authorization (HAT) system.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate costing of personnel expenditures through payroll reconciliation and auditing; identify and process corrections.
- Compute and enter distribution changes (including complex retro distributions).
- Run payroll reports to compile data and calculate quarterly salary savings.
- Attend and contribute to the Extension Finance and Planning team meetings and center team meetings.
- Participate in ongoing University-wide continuing education related to position: Certified Approver; Financial Systems Users Network; and Grants Management Users Network.
- Other duties as assigned