Job Responsibilities : Accounting Assistant
Salary : 18 per Hour
Company : The Hanover Insurance Group
Location : Remote US
Our Hanover Specialty Operations team is currently seeking an Accounting Assistant in our Columbia MD location.
This is a full time non-exempt role.
Computes classifies records and verifies numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records. Verifies and posts details of business transactions such as funds received and disbursed totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and database and controls daily and monthly manual premium and loss activity.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Balances general ledger entries
- May be responsible for preparing and filing 1099’s
- Prepares daily cash reports
- Computes and records charges refunds cost of lost or damaged goods freight charges rentals and similar items
- Prepares vouchers invoices checks account statements reports and other records and reviews for accuracy
- Reconciles bank statements report discrepancies and problems.
- Monitors loans and accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to company procedures
- Reviews computer printouts against manually kept ledgers and makes corrections
- Maintains and reconciles notes payable to agents program which includes adding funds to the program calculating interest and disbursing funds when requested.
- May periodically assist in orienting training assigning and checking the work of less experienced employees
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY
- Demonstrates basic and some advanced skills in procedures processes and techniques appropriate for the position within assigned functional area
- Timely and accurate completion of all transactions and tasks
- May serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues
- Good partnerships with underwriting finance and other internal business units
- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment
- Ability to work in a fast paced or stressful environment.
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Ability to work cooperatively
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods (include %range of time e.g. 75%-90% as appropriate)
This job posting provides cursory examples of some of the job duties associated with this position. The examples provided are not complete and the position may entail other essential and job-related functions and responsibilities that employees will be required to perform.
It’s not just a job it’s a career and we are here to support you every step of the way. We want you to be successful and fulfilled. Through on-the-job experiences personalized coaching and our robust learning and development programs we encourage you – at every level – to grow and develop.
We offer comprehensive benefits to help you be healthy build financial security and balance work and home life. At The Hanover you’ll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed.
- Medical dental vision life and disability insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- Cultural Awareness Day in support of IDE
- On-site medical/wellness center (Worcester only)
- Click here for the full list of Benefits
Hanover has enacted policies and protocols throughout the COVID-19 pandemic to promote employee health and safety. To that end all employees are expected to provide true and accurate information regarding their vaccine status and when requested employees are expected to provide proof of such status. Hanover recognizes employee privacy concerns and only provides vaccine status information on a need-to-know basis. The Hanover complies with all federal state and local laws and with respect to such laws related to COVID-19 health and safety it is typical for there to be a distinction in compliance obligations between vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. Therefore various Hanover policies and requirements are connected to vaccine status including but not limited to the company’s Facial Coverings and Social Distancing policy. Employees declining to provide information related to their vaccine status will be considered unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated for the purposes of The Hanover’s COVID-19 health and safety policies and protocols.
Please be advised that while Hanover does not expect to institute a vaccine mandate at this time Hanover encourages employees to get vaccinated and boosted and provides paid time off to both obtain and recover from the vaccine(s) and booster(s).
The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience training education and ability to do the available work without regard to race religion color age sex/gender sexual orientation national origin gender identity disability marital status veteran status genetic information ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin race color religion gender ancestry age sexual orientation gender identity disability marital status veteran status genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities who wish to request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform essential job functions should contact us at: HRServices@hanover.com and include the link of the job posting in which you are interested.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it please click here.