Job Responsibilities : Reinsurance Analyst Senior
Salary : $120000 per year
Company : Progressive
Location : Remote US
Join Forbes’ 2022 Best Employer for Diversity!
As a senior reinsurance analyst on the Risk and Reinsurance team you’ll be responsible for supporting the execution on ceded treaty and facultative reinsurance strategy. You’ll collaborate with business partners to develop reinsurance programs and provide analytics around Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to evaluate reinsurance opportunities in accordance with corporate risk appetite. The senior reinsurance analyst will act as a Subject Matter Expert with both breadth and depth in their knowledge of ceded reinsurance in support of Personal Lines and Commercial Lines product teams. You’ll support relationships with reinsurance brokers and reinsurance markets to facilitate placements execution of contract wording timely claims payments and gaining market intelligence. You’ll lead treaty reinsurance submission data collection validation and analysis in coordination with underwriting product pricing and reserving teams. Finally you’ll coordinate with external reinsurance auditors on any claims underwriting or transactional audits as well as internal resources.
This is a remote position with occasional travel to the Cleveland Ohio office for a meeting and/or training.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in quantitative field of study and a minimum of 5 years of reinsurance industry experience
- In lieu of a quantitative degree a bachelor’s degree or higher and a minimum of seven years of reinsurance industry experience.
- Excellent communication public speaking presentation and project management skills
- Knowledge of reinsurance principles practices and procedures products and services
- Knowledge of property and casualty insurance reinsurance performance and risk metrics
- Advanced mathematical and quantitative skills with attention to detail
- Knowledge of and ability to use SQL Excel Word and PowerPoint – with advanced knowledge of spreadsheet functionality including v-look-up pivot tables charts graphing and macros
- Gainshare bonus up to 30% of your eligible earnings based on company performance
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to 6%
- Medical dental & vision including free preventative care
- Wellness & mental health programs
- Health care flexible spending accounts health savings accounts & life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid & unpaid sick leave where applicable as well as short & long-term disability
- Parental & family leave; military leave & pay
- Diverse inclusive & welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
- Career development & tuition assistance
Energage recognizes Progressive as a 2022 Top Workplace for: Innovation Purposes & Values Work-Life Flexibility Compensation & Benefits and Leadership.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sponsorship for work authorization for foreign national candidates is not available for this position.
: Finance and Accounting
: United States