Job Responsibilities : Receptionist
Salary : $17.41 Per Hour
Company : Blackbird Interactive
Location : Remote CA
Blackbird Interactive is a creative-fueled future-driven independent game studio where the best talent in the industry can find long-term careers to help grow their abilities while working on a wide range of projects which encompass world-class IPs as well as our own creations across multiple genres.
In 2022 we announced that our studio is implementing a four-day work week as well as supporting in-studio remote and hybrid work arrangements as permanent options to our employees.
BBI is looking for a receptionist to join our team. This position requires someone who is ready and eager to take on anything that’s thrown at them! If you are a proactive can-do person that wants to work for an awesome company we want to talk to you.
The person who takes on this job has to be cool under pressure be okay with random questions on the daily and slightly more professional than the rest of us (but that’s not saying much).
Important note: BBI is a hybrid studio meaning employees can work from home from the studio or any combination of the two. The duties of the receptionist however require the successful candidate to work from the studio full time.
- Support employees transitioning back to the office – organizing couriers setting up key fobs prepping desks grabbing supplies and generally getting people settled back into the studio
- Act as the point of contact at the physical studio for employees who are working remotely whether part or full time
- Check mail answer the phone coordinate onsite visits courier packages respond to employee inquiries over Slack and email
- Ensure that the common areas of the studio are kept clean and stocked with supplies drinks etc.
- Order and organize supplies in general – specifically any supplies we’re required to have on hand for people working in the studio
- Assist the IT & facilities teams with new hires and seating plans
- Work with the game teams to help coordinate over-time food celebrations and other events
- Run studio errands to places like Costco Ikea and respond to last-minute requests for supplies from the teams
- Collaborate with the facilities and IT teams to help on larger projects for the studio
- Never let us run out of coffee or white board markers!
- 1-3 years of experience in a customer-service role
- Valid drivers’ license with clean driving record
- Vehicle for errands is a plus*
- Experience with Google or Microsoft Office applications is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A collaborative can-do attitude!
- Note that BBI will reimburse mileage based on the current rate as determined by the Canadian Revenue Agency and will ensure you have the proper insurance to use your vehicle for work purposes. When driving your vehicle for work purposes you will be provided with a parking spot at the studio.
Vacation & Extras*
+ 4-day 32-hour work week for all full-time staff
+ Mentorship program
+ Skunkworks internal game jam program
+ 4 weeks paid vacation per year
+ 11 paid stat holidays
+ 3 paid days per year for professional development
+ December holiday studio closure (extra paid time off!)
+ Comprehensive health/dental benefits from day 1
+ Life insurance
+ $300 Healthcare Spending Account per annum
+ RRSP matching up to $1500
+ Profit-sharing bonus program
If applying for an artistic role please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.*
Any questions about the role and/or accessibility requests can be sent to: email@example.com
Unfortunately we cannot reply to everyone. Only successful applicants will be contacted about the next steps. Thank you for your understanding.
If you are interested in the role please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to inclusion and especially encourage members of historically marginalized communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on gender race national and ethnic origin religion age sexual orientation marital and family status and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Blackbird Interactive is privileged to be developing our projects on the traditional ancestral and unceded territory of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) and səl̓ílwətaʔɬ /Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Follow us: Discord Twitter Insta FB Linkedin
Job Type: Full-time