Job Responsibilities : Quality Manager – Railway Mobility
Salary : $80000 Per Year
Company : Siemens Canada Limited
Location : Remote CA
Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges customer needs and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging challenging and fast evolving cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022 Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers 2022.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for the overall functional success within the Siemens Mobility projects and Operations in Canada.
Ideally applicants will have a detailed use of know-how to tackle sophisticated problems and demonstrate high professional judgment competence. An idea generator for new and practical solutions possibly changing existing approaches and impacting results in a larger matrixed organization. It would be best to be well-established in external and internal networks within the specialist field and actively share knowledge in larger organizations to grow the know-how base and support a learning organization.
The applicant will have significant interaction and collaboration internally with Executive Management Sales Engineering Project Management Operations Service and Business Management.
What will you do?
- Provide leadership and guidance on quality management related topics and provide independent quality management leadership for continuous improvement overall PM Siemens
- Develops controls and ensures the implementation and improvement of an Integrated Management System (including process management) for the respective organization and defines the overall quality strategy according to market and business needs.
- Plans implements and follows up the audit program (including certification audits) and assessments.
- In individual instances this role supports standalone projects implemented within the context of a quality task force.
- Initiates and promotes strategic global quality programs and monitors the efficiency of these programs.
- Support process improvement projects within the context of the Business Unit’s / Business Segment’s requirements
- Ensure an appropriate quality information system assurance of adherence to the necessary business processes using BU-internal assessments and audits
- Develop improvement concepts and measures and leads the efforts for a continuous improvement process.
- Drives continuous improvement with management and lessons learned across assigned organizations.
- Leads product safety function. Ensures that all requirements are met coordinates product safety measures and monitoring. Coordinates the product safety reporting.
- Contributes to appropriately analyzing customer quality requirements and satisfaction (e.g. NPS) to meet customer expectations.
- Develops controls and ensures the implementation of a professional non-conformance (NC) management.
- Develops controls and ensures the implementation and improvement of relevant quality reporting including Management Reviews.
- Plans budget for strategic global quality programs and the related financial and personnel resources and aligns this with the interpersonal unit’s budget plan.
- Ensures the implementation of a competence management and training system for quality-related competencies.
- Develops and implements the communication strategy/plan to ensure understanding and awareness of specific quality topics
What you will need to succeed?
- Degree or diploma in engineering or technology or related field
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in a quality role working in industry construction engineering or transportation-based industry
- Proven experience working in a project-based quality management
- Ability to travel up to 25% in Canada.
- Ability to read analyze and interpret industry and product-related technical information.
- Proven business insight and risk management skills
- Customer oriented with negotiation capabilities
- Project management experience
- Self-motivated to produce high-quality results within the time allocated with limited supervision
- Advanced user of MS Office 365 and Project
- Applicants should have an advanced understanding and application of management approaches for work direction motivation and performance management.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
Siemens Mobility is the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient safe and ecofriendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles rail automation road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers unrivaled value-added in the rail sector. Our intelligent mobility solutions increase the availability of infrastructure optimize throughput and create a new quality of passenger experience.
Making a difference together we raised $$385000 towards charitable contributions support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada visit our website at
While we appreciate all applications we receive we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates service providers and agents you consent to our collection use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at .
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents vous nous autorisez à recueillir à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité que vous pouvez consulter au .