Job Responsibilities : Quality Assurance Engineer, Amazon Games
Salary : $83000 per year
Company : Amazon.com Services LLC
Location : Remote US
Amazon Games is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to work on our growing portfolio of games. This role can work remotely or embedded with a game studio and there are a variety of games and studios to contribute to.
You are a curiosity driven detailed and customer focused person who has experience identifying and effectively communicating issues. As a member of a Quality Assurance team you will become an expert in one or more of the game’s features and assure it meets our high quality standards. You will create testing and quality reports effectively use test tools and work with player data to uncover new issues and get issues addressed. You will be able to use and grow your programming skills to create test scripts that fit into an existing automation framework freeing time for needed manual testing. You will be a voice of the customer and you’ll help prioritize and categorize quality issues based on impact to the customer experience. The role of QA changes often over the course of game development so you will need to be flexible to adapt as the game development cycle progresses from inception to launch and to live updates.
Amazon Games Goals
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create compete collaborate and connect through games and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay creativity marketing and technology while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture Work/Life Balance & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters innovative benefits and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
Key job responsibilities
- Relentlessly pursue the root-cause of detected issues and create effective issue descriptions
- Create test material such as reports new test scenarios player data charts
- Advise on improvements to product and every aspect of the test process from tools to procedures
- Advocate for the customer in discussions with QA and with the Development team
- Write manual test scripts and leverage existing test tools process the results
- Program automated test scripts to replace manual test scripts and basic utility tools to improve testing
- Execute testing of game test utilities and provide basic testing support for developers in the QA team
- Execute test plans and recommend updates to them to optimize test coverage and results
- Learn and Be Curious and grow your skills in a variety of emergent game test methodologies
• Knowledge of: QA methodology and tools; software testing standards methods and conventions; and the product development cycle • Demonstrated experience developing and executing high-quality test plans • Experience in scripting user-level test automation and performing white-box testing • Experience with testing complex server infrastructures or networking • Experience shipping one or more AAA game products (guiding them through a full QA process) • Demonstrated ability to improve test coverage and effectiveness • Experience testing across a variety of platforms (PC mobile console etc.). • Experience with collaborating with vendor test teams for manual test execution • Experience testing game mechanics such as skill optimization or other player investment systems • Experience with e-commerce testing • Proven success in communicating cross-functionally and across management levels • Familiarity with release management and/or community engagement job roles • ISTQB (or equivalent qualification) a plus Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation protected veteran status disability age or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.