Job Responsibilities : Coordinator, Waste Collection
Salary : 22 per hour
Company : Regional Municipality of Peel
Location : Remote CA
Reporting to the Supervisor of Waste Collection you will be responsible for waste collection dispatch and general administrative duties including recording keeping statistical tracking and reporting
- Manage review dispatch document and update Waste Collection service requests
- Statistical tracking summarizing and reporting of data with the use of Salesforce
- Update and maintain waste collection schedules operation reports and document filing systems
- Draft correspondence to residents contractors and other internal/external clients including response to complaints notifications and follow up to waste collection issues
- Prepare Waste Collection meeting minutes including follow up action items
- Obtain information from MTO and Municipal Property Assessment databases
- Coordinate with staff from area municipalities to address related issues
- Receive and direct clients customers and staff to the appropriate Waste Collection office
- Track staff attendance and absences
- Successful completion of a degree/diploma in an Statistical or Business discipline combined with a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service focus with demonstrated tact and diplomacy to deal with the public contractors and staff
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office and Hansen
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks for a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member
Location: 7795 Torbram Road Brampton (Peel Integrated Waste Management Facility) with the ability to work remotely based on operational requirements. Your remote work location must be located within the province of Ontario.
: 35 hours per week. The Region of Peel offers job based flexible hours of work that allows employees to manage personal and professional responsibilities while at the same time ensures business operational needs and customer service expectations are achieved.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience please apply on-line.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks eye protection etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal
or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the
Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated
a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173000 businesses in Brampton Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is “Community for Life.” Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we’re focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel explore peelregion.ca.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address for this posted position will receive all written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address they have provided on their application. As an applicant it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence..