Job Responsibilities : Intern – Environmental Health and Safety/Quality
Salary : 17 per hour
Company : Draeger Medical Canada Inc.
Location : Remote CA
Educational requirements : Graduate
The Job Responsibilities
At Dräger it is our passion and dedication to protect support and save lives. Our dedication to life naturally extends to the quality of our employees’ lives. They are the essence of our company and without them we would not be what we are today – a world leader in medical and safety technology. We are searching for people who want to join us in building “Technology for Life”.
Reporting to the Country Manager Quality & Regulatory Affairs the Intern – Environmental Health & Safety/Quality is responsible for executing an independent review of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) legislation and assessing applicability to Draeger Canada assisting with the update of EHS documentation and supporting the annual supplier evaluation process. This is a temporary 3-month position.
- Identify EHS legislation and regulations applicable to Draeger’s business update the released list accordingly and assist with creating standard operational procedures in compliance with such regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to complete the annual Risk and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) assessments and assist with identifying risks and measures inherent to remote work.
- Assist with the revision of the Emergency Plan for the Skymark Office.
- Support the annual review of the environmental legal aspects including assessing and documenting the applicability to Draeger’s business activities.
- Assist with the implementation of the Quality Management System (QMS) processes in particular the annual supplier evaluation.
- Recent graduate or currently enrolled in EHS program.
- Experience in a similar role preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software including Word Excel Power Point and Outlook required
- The position is based in Mississauga Ontario. Remote Work Arrangements will be considered.
- Office environment long hours working in front of a computer terminal
The Dräger Workplace
In North America Draeger employs over 1600 employees working in our major sites in the United States and Canada (in the US: Andover MA; Telford PA; Houston / Coppell TX and in Canada: Mississauga ON) including our Sales and Service workforce employees from coast to coast.
Our Mississauga Ontario location oversees our Medical and Safety businesses in Canada including sales channel distribution (Safety) installation servicing and maintenance of world class Draeger products and services. This location also serves as the key site for essential Canadian functions which includes Medical & Safety Sales and Service Management Marketing Legal Compliance Regulatory Quality and Finance.
Draeger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. All candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race ancestry colour ethnic origin or place of origin citizenship creed sex sexual orientation gender identity gender expression age record of offences (for which a pardon has been granted) disability marital or family status or any other prohibited ground under applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Who we are
Dräger is a leading international company in the fields of medical and safety technology. Whether in clinical applications in industry mining or emergency services: Dräger products protect support and save lives. That’s what our more than 16000 employees have been striving for – every day for almost 130 years.
What we offer
If you have any questions please contact