Job Responsibilities : Proposal Writer
Salary : $60,000 – $70,000 a year
Company : Motorola Solutions
Location : Remote US
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice data video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Motorola Solutions is a global leader in public safety and enterprise security. Our solutions in land mobile radio communications video security & access control and command center software bolstered by managed & support services create an integrated technology ecosystem to help make communities safer and businesses stay productive and secure. At Motorola Solutions we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security.
A proposal writer plays an active role in developing high-quality proposal content for use in both competitive and non-competitive proposals that represent Motorola Solutions products and services to Motorola customers throughout North America. They will work with sales/presale proposal teams and product team SMEs to develop clear persuasive compelling proposal content. They will also collaborate with proposal managers graphics specialists and other proposal writers to develop innovative proposal elements to differentiate Motorola Solutions proposals from the competition.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Independently finds reads and analyzes source materials at varying levels of complexity and technicality in order to understand Motorola Solutions product and service offerings
- Reviews proposal specifications to understand explicit requirements stated needs and subtextual desires
- Interviews subject matter experts (SMEs) in order to understand the features benefits advantages and functionality of their areas of expertise
- Works with sales/presales to understand how our solution meets customer requirements goals and desires
- Actively listens takes notes and asks questions in order to elicit further guidance regarding technical product/service information customer pain points and goals and our solutions
- Synthesizes research information into clear concise persuasive and compelling proposal text
- Develops foundational proposal text (“standard” proposal content) that can be leveraged across different markets and customer segments; also writes targeted proposal text in response to specific customer requirements and needs (RFP response text)
- Adapts writing style to proposal type audience and tone while conveying solution benefits
- Develops outlines and storyboards for complex documents of various lengths and complexity
- Reviews both own and other writers’ work in order to make suggestions regarding and/or execute substantive improvements in the text’s argument style tone and grammar
- Proofreads and copyedits text to improve accuracy concision and consistency. Removes unnecessary words jargon and complexity. Finds and eliminates errors and redundancy
- Desktop publishes content adhering to format and layout principles.
- Establishes rapport with both technical SMEs and sales professionals in order to persuasively message technical solutions to end user audiences of varying levels of technical expertise
- Builds consensus between sales presales and product teams regarding the information necessary for both standard and targeted proposal content
- Accepts critique gracefully and productively with the recognition that incorporating the perspectives of reviewers and other team members are critical to improving end products
- Manages multiple projects with tight deadlines in high stress environments prioritizing goals both independently and in collaboration with proposal teams
The salary range for this role is $60000-70000 per year.
- Master’s Degree in Writing Education or related field
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Additionally certain local governments or Motorola Solutions’ customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees. These employees are required to submit proof of vaccination to Motorola Solutions and maintain compliance with these requirements.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical Dental Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.