Job Responsibilities : Proofreader – Remote Position
Salary : From $13 an hour
Company : Focus Forward
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Associate Degree
Are you looking for a great way to earn some supplemental income? Or perhaps a college student that needs a flexible schedule? Do you enjoy detailed work? If you said yes to any of these then we need to talk to you!
We have an amazing remote work opportunity to join a company that is experiencing exponential growth. Since 2003 Focus Forward has been the market research industry leader in nationwide qualitative recruiting and transcription. We have been recognized as a three-time Inc. 5000 winner three-time Philly Top 100 winner and a 40 Under 40 winner! Join our team as we work to assist our clients to better understand their products and services.
You’ll have the flexibility and the convenience of working from home
Job Purpose: The Proofreader is responsible for reviewing accurate consistent and complete transcripts in multiple industries. Focus Forward LLC emphasizes a team approach and expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives.
Typical Physical Demands: Regular use of hands to manipulate office equipment phones and computer keyboard. Frequently sit and stand to do clerical work including maintaining files reports and binder logs. Regularly lift and move office supplies up to 20 pounds.
Typical Work Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment or remotely. Employee frequently interacts directly with staff members throughout the company during the workday in both verbal and written forms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work are based on business needs at the time of hire but at no time more than 40 hours per week. Weekend work may be required based on the schedule.
Essential Job Functions:
- Electronically proofread revise and quality check transcripts for accuracy in relationship to their corresponding audio files
- Transcribe missing text as needed in order to properly correct transcripts for our clients
- Provide constructive feedback to transcribers
- Tracking productivity metrics as needed after each shift
- Perform other tasks as needed
- Maximizing Quality
- Results Orientation
- Oral Communications
- Client Orientation
- Acceptance of Feedback
- Team Skills
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word & Microsoft Excel
- Superb attention to detail
- Mastery of the English language including both punctuation and grammar rules
- Self-motivated proactive can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Must have a working computer with high-speed Internet access to work from home as needed
- Ability to quickly learn and use new software web based tools
- Associates Degree preferred; work experience may be considered in lieu of degree