Job Responsibilities : Corporate Copy Editor/Writer (Remote)
Salary : 51000 Per Year
Company : ITFO Communications Inc.
Location : Remote CA
At ITFO we are in the business of connecting people.
With more than ten years of experience behind us we are proud to work with an amazing group of clients who count on us to keep their business moving forward. We take a creative and data-driven approach to provide technical and digital enterprise-scale collaboration solutions for some of the largest companies in the world.
Headquartered in beautiful Victoria BC we are a diverse team with a common drive to exceed our customers’ expectations by providing bespoke customized tools and a seamless positive experience working with us as our customer
We endeavor to engage highly-skilled passionate and smart people to work with us. In support of this commitment we offer a remote distributed workplace model which allows our team members more time to devote to passions both at work and at leisure. Where possible we also offer flexible work arrangements in consideration of our team members’ lifestyle requirements.
We are currently seeking a Corporate Copy Editor/Writer to join our team.
The Corporate Copy Editor/Writer is a trusted member of a global team responding to RFI (Request for Information) requests. In a fast-paced environment the Corporate Copy Editor/Writer collaborates closely with team members to craft a compelling story. That means attending live calls with high-level executives located around the world and being available on Microsoft Teams to refine responses in real time. Plus the Corporate Copy Editor/Writer needs a good eye for editing and proofreading to revise input from other contributors and apply corporate style guide conventions sometimes going over a response several times to make it the best it can be.
· Using advanced writing skills write edit and proofread answers to RFI report questions
· Edit revise and review work to incorporate feedback
· Work to meet tight deadlines
· Submit material in the required and expected format
· Collaborate with team members involved in a program including project managers executives client stakeholders and other writers
· Report to ITFO editorial lead to coordinate all activities and programs
· Participate in internal project status meetings and ongoing project schedule updates
· Work on multiple projects simultaneously and understand project priorities in the context of agency and client expectations
· Create and maintain relevant project documentation
· Establish and nurture client relationships at a senior level
· Work with clients to understand their needs and suggest solutions that enhance their business and create opportunities for other agency team members
· Work with client partners to analyze project needs to help ensure that they fit with resourcing project objectives and quality standards
· Know the questions to ask to onboard each project smoothly
· Report and escalate problems to management as needed
· Advanced writing and proofreading skills
· Attention to detail
· Relevant post-secondary education and/or equivalent
· Ability to assimilate information quickly and reflect that knowledge in the voice of the customer
· Ability to collaborate with senior organizational leaders
· Strong interpersonal skills
Nice to have:
· Experience with RFIs and/or with RFPs
· Experience writing case studies or whitepapers that focus on storytelling
· Project management skills
· Internal communications experience
This is a part-time contract position 0 – 40 hours per week up to 60 hours per month
Job Types: Part-time Permanent Fixed term contract Casual Freelance
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 0-40 per week
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
We offer a 100% remote distributed work environment
- Do you have the ability to legally work in Canada?
- Are you able to pass a criminal record check?
- How many hours a week are you available?
- What is your expected hourly rate?
- Are you able to adjust your schedule to meet deadlines?
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- professional writing: 5 years (preferred)
- professional copy editing: 2 years (preferred)