Job Responsibilities : Product Marketing Manager
Salary : $101000 per year
Company : Hummingbird
Location : Remote US
The Hummingbird team is united by the shared mission of helping fight financial crime. The tool we’ve built is a platform for managing anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing operations – we believe finding and stopping this financial crime is a problem rooted in code, language and design.
The heroes who fight this crime every day (think human trafficking, political corruption, weapons sales, and drug cartels) deserve best-in-class tools, and our product enables these professionals to work more effectively, collaboratively and efficiently.
Since our launch in 2017, we’ve helped major financial institutions with more than $3 trillion in assets, as well as tech-savvy trailblazers such as Stripe, Brex, Evolve Bank, and Etsy, orchestrate their compliance programs. We are customer-obsessed, and we love building and shipping great products. We set a high bar for our work, challenge our assumptions, seek diverse opinions, and support each other to do great work.
We do our best to write inclusive, descriptive and accurate job descriptions, but we’re not always perfect. If you’re interested in the role, we’d love to hear from you even if you don’t feel like you meet everything we’re looking for. We’re always iterating and improving, and it’s possible that your experience is even more impactful than we could have imagined!
About the Role
As we continue to build our Marketing function from the ground up, we’re looking for a Product Marketing expert to help lead an extremely important part of this charge. In this role you’ll be the conduit between our products and the incredible financial crime fighters who use them. You’ll be responsible for the go-to-market strategy and product positioning for a company who cares deeply about providing an excellent product to an underserved industry.
What you’re looking to do:
- Lead the go-to-market strategy for Hummingbird’s products. You have strong opinions on how to effectively market complex B2B SaaS products, and you’re excited to bring your expertise to a company who needs and values it!
- Make an impact. You care both about the impact of your work on a company, and the impact of that company’s work on the world. As the first person to focus on Product Marketing, you’ll have the trust and support of the team to drive strategy autonomously.
- Collaborate cross-functionally. You lead with empathy, and you enjoy a communication-heavy role that requires partnering with everyone from product and engineering, to creative and design, to sales and customer success.
- Become an expert in financial crime fighting. Hummingbird is a mission-driven company, and our users have a hard job to do. Even if you’re not familiar yet, you’re excited about immersing yourself in this world to help bring our products to market effectively.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in B2B SaaS product marketing. Experience in the enterprise space and/or FinTech space are also a plus, but not 100% necessary to be successful in this role.
- Creativity and forward thinking. You’ve been a part of great B2B marketing and are excited to bring new ideas and differentiated tactics to the practice area.
- Interest in working with a small, scrappy, collaborative team. We don’t have everything perfectly figured out, and that’s okay. You’ll wear multiple hats at times, and this exposure excites you.
What’s in it for you:
- The chance to help build from the ground up. The hires we’re making now are foundational to our growth as a company, so you will have an opportunity to help shape the future of Hummingbird.
- Competitive compensation including cash and equity.
- Remote-first, fully distributed company with flexible working hours.
- Awesome health, vision & dental benefits, and 401k.
- Safe, respectful & comfortable work environment with colleagues and leadership who prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to request accommodation.