Job Responsibilities : Principal Foundational Architect—Identity & Access Management Platforms (Remote Option*)
Salary : $321000 per year
Company : Nike
Location : Remote US
Become a Part of the NIKE Inc. Team
NIKE Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow think dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers leaders and visionaries. At NIKE Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world and then give them the support to constantly innovate iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative diverse multidisciplinary and collaborative taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in the Platform Architecture space join Nike’s Global Architecture organization! You will be part of a team that is revolutionizing Nike technology platforms and architecting a technology landscape that is simplified modern flexible and will ultimately enable Nike on its journey to 2030 and beyond.
As a Principal Foundational Architect – Identity & Access Management (IAM) Platforms you are responsible for defining the technology foundations for our IAM platforms and the heart of our Security and Identity practices. You will work as part of an impactful and multi-functional team delivering enterprise scale platforms with focus on scalability performance security and availability. As a key player on this team you will provide hands on experience with identity providers Access Management platforms various internal and external security tools and systems integrating those into a cohesive ecosystem. You’ll be solving some of the most sophisticated and visible projects at Nike. Seriously… the impact is global and reaches across all of Nike Inc
Love to still write code? Great we do to! We are not an “Ivory Tower” organization. Not only do we define solutions and platform architectures but you will also build deployable reference implementations.
It’s in our nature to innovate in addition to setting Nike’s technology direction foundational architecture is tasked with coming up with pioneering and innovative ways to solve groundbreaking opportunities.
Given the sheer number of people who will want to talk to you you will need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You should be comfortable speaking to both technical and non-technical audiences up to C-level executives… Hey we said it was high visibility!
Now that we have you interested here is what we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in Identity & Access Management technologies token-based authentication technologies (including OAuth and OpenID Connect) information security standards principles and practices.
- Experience with security governance frameworks such as NIST ISO and in implementing against the Cloud Security Alliance standard processes.
- Substantial familiarity and facility with data privacy laws (GDPR CCPA etc.)
- A passion for technology and solving exciting challenges.
- Proven problem solver and pragmatic demeanor.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a lead development or architecture role(s).
- At least 5 years’ experience with public cloud.
- Experience building world class (PAAS) platforms
- Hands on engineering experience dealing with problems of scale.
- You consider yourself or have been told you are a T-shaped or E-shaped individual.
- Can translate business requirements to end-to-end solutions.
- Collaborative mind able to work with a team to deliver the strongest solution.
- Self starter and takes ownership in the quality of work being delivered.
You have at least 5 years lead experience in 2 or more of the following areas:
- Application & Infrastructure Security
- Web applications & mobile applications including serverless and microservices-based application architectures
- PAAS CDN and service mesh
- Continuous Delivery & DevOps
- Cloud Infrastructure (in HA AND multi-regional configurations)
- Data & Analytics
- Remote Work Option –open to remote work except cannot work in the following locations: SDVT and WV. These candidates will be required to relocate.
For employees based in Colorado this position has an annual base salary range of $16300 – $269500.
For employees based in NYC and Westchester County NY this position has an annual base salary range of $193500 – $321000
Information about benefits
NIKE Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package casual work environment a diverse and inclusive culture and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location or the role every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race color religion sex national origin age sexual orientation gender identity gender expression veteran status or disability.