Job Responsibilities : Principal Engineer
Salary : $172,500 a year
Company : Nike
Location : Remote US
Become a Part of the NIKE Inc. Team
NIKE Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow think dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers leaders and visionaries. At NIKE Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world and then give them the support to constantly innovate iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative diverse multidisciplinary and collaborative taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
As a principal engineer in the Nike Launch organization you will be part of designing and delivering services and capabilities supporting our high heat launch processes. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world and then give them the support to constantly innovate iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative diverse multidisciplinary and collaborative taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As a Principal Engineer you will:
- Architect develop test and deploy sophisticated solutions in the bot defense and analytics space.
- Prolific code contributor and will be expected to demonstrate code and product ownership.
- Informing product owners on technology-related business problems; driving solution options assessing their relative merits and risks to determine the best solution.
- Provide technical leadership in the evaluation conceptualization design and development of major new capabilities
- Keep up to date with the world of platforms and build a capability maturity vision to ensure that we are always aiming to be outstanding.
- Mentor software developers on the team and through code reviews ensure that all the work meets industry standards.
- Assist in solving and resolving production issues.
- Work with multiple multi-functional engineering teams at Nike to build the future of sport.
- Share takeaways through blogs talks and discussions across Nike
- Drive cross-domain alignment and technical delivery of major capabilities across value streams
- Extremely deep understanding of bot mitigation technologies methodologies and the capability to drive innovation in the space
- Strong diagnostic skills especially with regards to identification and classification of malicious API traffic
- Extraordinary abilities to leverage data sources and tools (logs analytical data Splunk) to identify challenges
- Deep understanding of the network protocols of micro-service systems – TCP/IP HTTP TLS etc.
- Understanding of API security requirements and capabilities
- Ability to build positive relationships across Product and Engineering
- In-depth knowledge of CDN technologies specifically Akamai
- Ability to configure and extend external bot mitigation products
- Diverse and deep experience in understanding the CDN/WAF/Bot needs of large micro-service architecture
- Experience working in a Distributed/Cloud-based environment (AWS preferred).
- Understanding in agile principles and the Scrum development process
- Ability to define solution options provide estimates on effort and risk and evaluate technical feasibility of complex problems with minimal guidance
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced results-oriented environment
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
- Practical approach to solving complex problems with ambiguous requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering Information Systems or similar field or relevant professional experience education and training
Open to remote work except cannot work in South Dakota Vermont and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate.
For employees based in Colorado this position starts at $172500.00 per year. Information about benefits
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package casual work environment a diverse and inclusive culture and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location or the role every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race color religion sex national origin age sexual orientation gender identity gender expression veteran status or disability.