Job Responsibilities : Principal Creative Designer- Remote
Salary : $72252 per year
Company : Nordstrom Inc
Location : Remote US
The ideal Principal Designer is a strong strategic and conceptual thinker who possesses a wide range of creative capabilities – including a solid background in multi-platform digital and print executions art direction typography branding packaging print production and environmental/store visual design.
- Drive projects independently developing and executing creative concepts that demonstrate vision meeting business/marketing objectives and supporting the overall brand and creative strategies.
- Contribute to brand strategy and the role of creative in expressing and supporting it.
- Collaborate effectively with partners in creative and across the organization.
- Demonstrate confidence in presenting concepts and work.
- Be an inspirational and effective thought leader with other members of the team; while not a managerial role the Principal Designer leads projects and junior team members.
Specific experience and skills required:
- Customer-centric people-first mindset.
- Data-driven creative thinking.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Extremely solid core design skills (typography spacial relationships Adobe and other software).
- A history of digital innovation and the drive to find new ways to innovate and improve customer experiences.
- Strong ability to concept and execute printed materials and publications.
- On-set art direction experience for fashion or applicable field.
- Strong knowledge of social media.
- Developing knowledge of possibilities with video editing and new media explorations fashion styling copywriting/editing environmental design and other aspects of creative that collaborate closely with design/art direction.
- Never ending curiosity; knowledge of and enthusiasm for fashion and the creative/intellectual universe that surrounds it.
Please attach or provide a link to your portfolio.
Nordstrom is able to offer remote employment of this position in all US states except AR MS MT NE NH ND SD VT WV and WY.
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families including:
- Medical/Vision Dental Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply log into Workday click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Pay Range Details
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.