Job Responsibilities : Population Health Visualization Data Analyst
Salary : $71000 Per year
Company : Ascension
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
- Department: Product Innovation Data Sciences Analytics
- Schedule: M-F / Days
- Location: Remote
Paid time off (PTO)
**Benefits can vary. Please note your Talent Advisor can provide specifics to the role should you have questions.
The Data Analyst is a member of the Ascension Data Science Institute’s Population Health Visualization team within HDI (Health Data Intelligence) department supporting the collection organization and measurement of key performance measures. The position will also support improvement activities with payers providers internal consultants and technical teams to support all performance improvement efforts in Population Health contractual arrangements between Ascension and the payers.
- Compiles analytical and statistical reports as needed.
- Oversees provision of ad hoc management reports.
- Reviews information for accuracy and reconciles data on a regular basis.
- Proficiency with data extraction manipulation and interpretation using multiple data sources (EMR claims payer data)
- Develops and prepares the required and/or requested reports charts and graphs Analyzes claims and clinical loss data for trends and identifies opportunities for additional evaluation and focus.
- Analyzes data for trends and identifies opportunities for additional evaluation and focus.
- Conducts data analysis to assist internal and external consultants Health Ministries and System Office staff in defining key performance indicators measurement and management improvement
- Collaborates with IT Division regarding the system requirements and necessity for accurate timely reports and access to claims information
- Develops approaches to presenting information including presentations and communications.
- Supports advanced project management improvement initiatives and tactical decisions/plans.
- Analyzes healthcare data from conceptualization through presentation of data and proficiency with analytical tools knowledge of data analysis methodology use of presentation software and strong communication skills.
- Develops and provides visual spoken and written education related to data analysis data presentation including information/education related to maximizing the use of data products and functions across Ascension.
- Supports database applications and analytical tools including evaluation of data quality appropriate use of applications and maximizing internal and external database product functions across Ascension.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience or Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1 year of SQL or other query language is preferred.
- 3 years of Tableau experience preferred.
- Our teams and customers are distributed across USA so you must be comfortable working remotely using online collaboration tools and travel sometimes (25%).
- Data wrangling experience.
- Customer facing data analysis experience.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension associates are key to our commitment of transforming healthcare and providing care to all especially those most in need. Join us and help us drive impact through reimagining how we can deliver a people-centered healthcare experience and creating the solutions to do it. Explore career opportunities across our ministry locations and within our corporate headquarters.
Ascension is a leading non-profit faith-based national health system made up of over 150000 associates and 2600 sites of care including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race color religion national origin citizenship gender identity sexual orientation age physical or mental disability veteran status genetic data or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.