Job Responsibilities : Communications Coordinator
Salary : $60,000–$70,000 a year
Company : Cleanfarms
Location : Remote CA
Educational requirements : Graduate
Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Location: Remote: With option to work hybrid or FT in Etobicoke ON office
Cleanfarms is a young and growing Canadian not-for-profit organization that creates and provides waste management programs to help promote sustainability in Canadian agriculture. We’ve been termed the blue box for ag with six core programs and several pilots and a record of recycling over 140 million small ag jugs and much more so far.
We’re a small team of change-makers working with 190000 farms supporting ~1500 ag recycling collection sites across 10 provinces.
As Cleanfarms communicators we support this very active team that counts on us to help them out with diverse campaigns tactics and day to day needs. It’s a high energy job that’s very fulfilling and offers the opportunity to make a difference and for lots of career growth.
We’re seeking a junior to intermediate level communicator with communications-related education and at least 3 years of related work experience.
The ideal candidate will have had exposure to planning developing & executing digital and traditional campaigns and will have strong comms creds (excellent writing uncompromising attention to detail creative flair) and a great work ethic. Our preferred candidate will provide full support for communications in English with the ability to communicate also in French (not necessarily at the fully bilingual level).
Let’s talk about you
Are you a communications generalist a great writer trained in communications or related disciplines with planning writing media and social media skills? Are you keen to learn on the go take on new tasks and work with a team of experts in an interesting and vital industry? Then this just may be right for you!
Communications coordinator role & responsibilities
Our new communications coordinator will work closely with and assist the Cleanfarms’ Communications Director to:
- Plan execute and measure impacts of annual communications plans for ag waste programs.
- Write content for print/digital materials for internal and external audiences including articles presentations brochures advertisements videos and items for digital displays and other communication materials as required.
- Write and edit – blogs web copy social media copy etc.
- Develop and execute organic social media strategies in English and French. Focus on social media calendaring content drafting and approvals with operations staff.
- Work with designers in development of print assets that support core programs and pilots e.g. collection site kits with posters postcards web copy web banners social posts for Cleanfarms and partners in English and in French. Review publications to make sure they are letter perfect for publication.
- Work with Cleanfarms’ web developer to ensure English and French websites are up-to-date and that new content is uploaded in a timely fashion; proactively identify updates; assist in web refresh program.
- Promote brand awareness with digital and in person event support
- Provide support for special projects e.g. developing new signs banners stickers to support program operations.
Required Skills and Knowledge
We assume you’re excellent at communications and marketing. These are the specific skills that we hope you’ll bring to the team:
- An undergraduate degree or college diploma in communications marketing or equivalent.
- 3+ years of progressive employment experience in a communications role working in an office remote or hybrid environment.
- Excellence in all aspects of professional communications in English.
- Ability to produce and edit diverse forms of content and creative materials (formal letters proposals
& technical documents through to social posts web content & video scripts) for various audiences.
- Knowledge of the basics of strategic communication planning and execution.
- Demonstrated efficiency in social media execution focusing on Facebook Twitter & LinkedIn.
- Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks with direction.
- Excellent editing and proof-reading skills and superior attention to details.
- Demonstrated experience with print and digital media preparing informal and formal communications.
- Excellent MS Office skills including PowerPoint Word and Excel.
Preference will be given to applicants who have:
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team remotely and in office settings.
- Fluency or a high comfort level communicating in spoken and written French.
- A respect for the environment and an appreciation and understanding of the agricultural sector
- Interest to learn about agricultural waste management programs.
- Experience with online mail survey programs and facility to learn new ones as needed.
- Video editing photoshop online analytics Adobe Creative Suite.
- Insights into sound file management and web structure organization.
- Knowledge of social media paid advertising Google search and Google display.
- Average of 37.5 hours per week.
- Primarily a desk job with extended periods of sitting reading virtual/ telephone meetings and working at the computer.
- Work with a small dedicated staff group with strong environmental & social culture
- Cleanfarms provides equipment and IT support to enable employee performance in remote work settings.
- Some travel likely required within Canada to attend trade shows collection sites and events or meetings with possible need for overnight stay.
- Valid driver’s license and/or access to reliable transportation is required.
- New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment (unless unable to be vaccinated due to a medical contraindication religion or other prohibited ground of discrimination under the Canadian Human Rights Act).
- This is an FTE salary position with a range of $60000 to $70000 (including performance bonus) based on experience & qualifications
- Following successful completion of a probation period full time staff are eligible for a comprehensive health care benefits package
A successful candidate will apply by providing the following:
- A cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for the role
- A current resume
- Samples of your written work from the kinds described above
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All information included in your application is referenceable.
For more about us please see Cleanfarms.ca and Agricorp.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60000.00-$70000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment (unless unable to be vaccinated due to a medical contraindication religion or other prohibited ground of discrimination under the Canadian Human Rights Act).
- How many years of work experience do you have writing content for an organization’s Communications department?
- Have you completed a Bachelor’s degree or diploma in communications?
- How many years of work experience do you have planning executing and monitoring the impact of communications campaigns?
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-07-28