Job Responsibilities : Clinical Staff Pharmacist
Salary : 80000 per Year
Company : Orlando Health
Location : Remote US
- Demonstrates an understanding of safety emergency and risk management procedures.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the hospital mission personnel policies philosophy goals and objectives of Pharmacy and Orlando Health.
- Demonstrates familiarity with the general duties of the Pharmacy department.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and utilize resource persons and departments for customer service and patient care.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate the equipment required for pharmacy procedures consistent with operating instructions safety regulations and policy and procedures.
- Dispenses medications and intravenous fluids utilizing the medication dispensing system according to scientific principles and Orlando Health policy and procedures.
- Documents on appropriate forms and in systems consistent with guidelines defined standards of care and practice and the quality improvements program.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the various computer systems or applications in operation in the department and at Orlando Health.
- Develops and demonstrates competency in all aspects of health-system pharmacy practice including pharmacotherapy patient care distributive services drug information and practice management.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan organize execute and monitor pharmaceutical care plans.
- Develops and demonstrates the ability to perform pharmacotherapy pharmacokinetics consultations and other clinical responsibilities if applicable at their site of practice e.g. TPN initiation and monitoring
- Evaluate and address all of the appropriate alerts identified by CHR e.g. IV to PO renal dosing protocols etc.
- Reports and investigates adverse drug reactions medication errors and document accordingly.
- Participates in multidisciplinary rounds if applicable at their site of practice.
- Maintains reasonably regular punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies the ADA FMLA and other federal state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Establishes and maintains an open communication process throughout the corporation that reaches patients visitors families
physicians and team members such that each feels that they are treated special each time they encounter Orlando Health.
- The Pharmacist staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each
patient’s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit’s/area’s/department’s policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Pharmacy degree (Bachelor of Science or PharmD) required.
Must be licensed by the Florida Board of Pharmacy renewed every two years.
Hospital experience is preferred