Job Responsibilities : People Analytics Consultant
Salary : $161000 per year
Company : General Motors
Location : Remote US
This position does not require the employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The Employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
People Analytics CoE (Community of Expertise) is looking for a
People Analytics Consultant to join its newly formed
People Analytics Consulting & Research team. In this role you will be responsible for delivering actionable business-driven people insights that inform strategic talent decisions improve organization effectiveness and drive positive employee experience. Your strong consulting and analytical skills ability to translate data into actionable insights and a very good understanding of HR data will help us advance our analytics capabilities and enable data-driven decisions.
What is in it for you? You will have a chance to influence our talent strategy help design insights that matter and be part of a great team that puts innovation and curiosity at the center of everything we do.
- Support complex analytics projects and provide ongoing consulting support to assigned HR stakeholder groups (Field HR Talent DEI (Diversity Equity and Inclusion) Employee Listening Compensation Community of Expertise etc.) on data driven insights project ROI and recommendations by leveraging our tools data and external research
- Identify and provide key insights and recommendations around organizational effectiveness hiring and attrition internal mobility workforce and talent planning diversity & inclusion retention market insights etc.
- Develop relationships within your assigned stakeholder groups to understand their business challenges and respond through various analytics products (e.g. data storytelling briefings executive presentations reports and dashboards)
- Lead cross-functional projects (e.g. Data storytelling for HR HR Analytics Community of Practice)
- Develop actionable recommendations and support your stakeholders through implementation of these recommendations
- Drive adoption and usage of People Analytics solutions. Help gather requirements for analytics solutions roadmap and future enhancements
Additional Job Description
- 7+ years of client-facing People Analytics or Human Capital Consulting experience
- Highly data-driven consultative passionate about data storytelling a great communicator who can use data and analytics technology to solve business problems and influence executive stakeholders
- Strong understanding of HR data and HR employee lifecycle processes (talent acquisition talent development workforce planning DEI (diversity equity and inclusion) engagement employee listening learning and development etc.)
- Familiarity with inferential statistics techniques (e.g. correlation regression) and how they apply to various business challenges
- Strong data analytics skills and ability to leverage multiple internal and external data sources to enable data-driven insights and inform strategic talent decisions
- Degree with quantitative focus (e.g. Mathematics Statistics Industrial and Organizational Psychology) and/or degree in Human Resources is a plus
- Experience using SQL R Python for data analysis and Power BI for visualizations is a plus
Compensation:The compensation information is a good faith estimate only.
- Themedian level rangeof salary compensation for this role is$125626 – $161000.
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance job level and individual performance.
- Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical dental vision Health Savings Account Flexible Spending Accounts retirement savings plan sickness and accident benefits life insurance paid vacation & holidays tuition assistance programs employee assistance program GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals dependent on role needs. Every day we want every employee no matter their background ethnicity preferences or location to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes the following benefits in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days holidays and parental leave for mothers fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive) dental vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional personal educational or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age race color sex religion national origin disability sexual orientation gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at800-865-7580. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.