Job Responsibilities : Background Check Specialist
Salary : $44901 per year
Company : PayPal
Location : Remote US
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone regardless of background or economic standing has access to affordable convenient and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary: The Global Background Check Team is responsible for liaising with the Global Talent Acquisition (GTA) team as well as our Employee Central (EC) Tier I team in expediting and resolving background checks as well as working directly with First Advantage (FADV) our background check vendor through their platform as well as in meetings.
- Liaise with GTA EC Tier I and FADV teams to support hiring and background checks for candidates in the recruiting process.
- Work SalesForce tickets daily to ensure we meet the 3 business day SLA requirement.
- Adept at working cross functionally with the broader PayPal HR team COE’s vendors and other key partners to ensure consistency and accuracy of the candidate experience and providing outstanding customer service to our internal team members.
- Data Steward-combine HR functional knowledge with technical expertise of HR systems to drive process and technology efficiencies related to background checks.
- A proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and excellent Excel skills are required.
- Serves as an escalation point for GTA and EC Tier I teams.
- Assists with training of the EC Tier I Leads and the EC Tier I Team on background checks
- Works with FADV to resolve escalation issues.
- Provide input to minimize redundant process steps through continuous improvements to both processes and technology
- Combine HR functional knowledge with strong technical expertise to drive best practices and ensure the integrity of all employee data
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Customer Focused
- Ability to Problem Solving
- Outstanding Written Communication
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Ability to set Priorities
- Process Management & Documentation
- Drive for Results
- 2-3 years relevant work experience preferably in background checks
- Workday experience preferred but will consider experience with other HRM systems.
- Excellent Excel skills required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
- Degree or certificate in HR or related preferred
At PayPal we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial physical and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment employee shares options health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient affordable and secure the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age color national origin citizenship status physical or mental disability race religion creed gender sex pregnancy sexual orientation gender identity and/or expression genetic information marital status status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local law. In addition PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements based on expert guidance. Depending on location this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.