Job Responsibilities : Partnership Manager, Backstage
Salary : $98000 per year
Company : Spotify
Location : Remote US
The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity quality and innovation across Spotify.
New York or Remote ESTAmericas
We are seeking a Partnerships Manager for a high paced team of engineers marketers business developers and product managers (like a small startup) to test an entirely new technology-focused business line and distribution channel that seeks to meaningfully improve Spotify gross margin. We’re looking for ways to turbocharge the adoption of an already successful open source project and explore then scale outstanding commercial models!We all wear multiple hats but it’s likely your role will span handling partner relationships and influencing our investment direction. We want someone who can identify strategic partnerships that will drive significant adoption across Backstage all while collaborating with multiple teams across Spotify. Join us if you are passionate about this type of environment!
What You’ll Do
- Develop a partnerships pipeline and cultivate mutually-beneficial relationships across the Backstage ecosystem (e.g. adopters cloud providers vendors)
- Build out partnership frameworks for open source and commercial that reflects the team’s strategy and aligns with long-term objectives
- Collaborate with product to define partnership strategies that can drive Backstage adoption
- Evaluate partner programs and engage with high-impact opportunities
- Understand and communicate market opportunities trends needs and partner feedback to cross-functional teams
- Work closely with internal departments like Finance Accounting and Legal to lead and maintain partner account
Who You Are
- Minimum of 3+ years focused on partnerships strategy or business development
- Experience building partner funnels and tracking within CRM systems
- Passion about Backstage and/or commercializing open source software
- Strong product partnership with comfort navigating basic technical feasibility of Backstage integrations
- Experience developing first-of-kind strategic deals which are creative and align business incentives
- You have the ability to work independently to initiate and maintain relationships and assess partnership viability and growth opportunities
- Experience working in SaaS preferred (ideally around open source)
Where You’ll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours:https://lifeatspotify.com/locations
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Our global benefits
Extensive learning opportunities through our dedicated team GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave six months off – fully paid – for all new parents.
All The Feels our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are no matter where you come from what you look like or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business the more we will all thrive contribute and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience your perspectives and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.