Job Responsibilities : Part-Time Tutor
Salary : $48200 per year
Company : Public Consulting Group
Location : Durham, NC 27701 US
University Instructors (UI) is seeking dynamic face-to-face elementary and secondary teachers and tutors with a passion for supporting students in grades K-12. In this role you’ll work in schools to directly help students overcome learning challenges in reading/literacy math science and history.
University Instructors partners with schools to provide students with purposeful learning experiences led by inspirational educators. If you are committed to having a meaningful impact through instructing students in both one on one and small group settings to enhance student achievement please apply and a member of our recruiting team will reach out to you with more details.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role you’ll:
- Work PT: Tuesday – Thursday during and after school hours
- Have familiarity with a variety of learning platforms and course content structure and style within multiple subject areas (reading/literacy math science and history).
- Communicate and engage with students in a friendly and professional manner.
- Review relevant course information and/or content with students.
- Can respond to student questions in a positive and supportive manner and providing detailed explanations so that the student can grasp key course concepts.
- Assist students with test and quiz preparation by reviewing key course concepts.
- Bridge communications between students and teachers regarding specific course content.
- Communicate with UI program management on specific questions regarding relevant course content.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Adherence to professional teaching obligations and maintain subject matter expertise in the specific subject area(s) that you are assisting students in.
- Maintain an understanding of instructional pedagogies and methodologies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Sound attention to detail.
- Ability to work across multiple subject areas.
- Strong ability to work both independently with little supervision and collaboratively as part of a team
Education and Work Experience
As a successful applicant you must have a passion for helping students succeed. Additionally you will need to have the following:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree
- Be local to the area
- Two years of education experience preferred