Job Responsibilities : Part-Time, Temporary Copywriter (Remote)
Salary : $42600 per year
Company : Kemper
Location : Remote US
Birmingham AL Chicago IL Dallas TX Jacksonville FL Phoenix AZ
Kemper is one of the nation’s leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper’s products and services are making a real difference to our customers who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
Kemper is looking for an in-house copywriter to both develop and maintain content exemplifying our brand voice across corporate and business lines. As part of the company’s Direct to Consumer team the copywriter effectively communicates positions and promotes Kemper’s brands marketing programs and products.
**This is a remote part-time contract position for project work beginning at the end of September 2022.
- Write compelling original engaging and compliant content that builds and maintains our brand and marketing voice.
- Research and understand the organization’s diverse needs and target audiences through reviews of existing information and research interviews with subject matter experts and in-person meetings.
- Crafts and edits copy for a range of materials such as social posts blog posts brochures print and digital ads emails training materials website content video scripts and more.
- Involved in all elements of content creation from brainstorming and copy concepts to final print production and deployment.
- Collaborates with internal teams to create compelling copy that drives strategy results.
- Maintains brand standards and consistency
- Experience in a corporate brand and marketing-focused writing environment
- BA in English Journalism Communications or equivalent experience
- Outstanding creative and technical writing ability
- A diverse portfolio of work to demonstrate authored and edited content for both digital and print media. (Writing samples required)
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Effective relationship teamwork and communication skills
- Proficient knowledge with MS Office
- Can take complex ideas and translate them into simple clear language that can be broadly understood by a wide audience of readers with varying levels of expertise
- Able to think and write strategically while addressing and/or remaining cognizant of the tactical details
- Quick eager curious and resourceful learner
- Experience managing multiple projects with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with impeccable attention to detail
- Insurance field and/or bilingual (Spanish) experience a plus.
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin veteran disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination. Kemper is focused on expanding our Diversity Equity and Inclusion efforts to align with our vision mission and guiding principles. Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.