Job Responsibilities : Office Assistant III AO
Salary : $22.13 an hour
Company : WorkSafeBC
Location : Remote CA
Job requisition number
Full-time / part-time
From 07/04/2022 to 07/22/2022
Our Richmond Office is looking for a detail-oriented office assistant with good customer service skills to perform a variety of intermediate clerical and administrative duties. If you’re a self-starter and enjoy providing assistance to internal and external clients as well as performing varied administrative work we’d like to hear from you.
What you’ll do
As an office assistant you will:
- Look after the front desk reception and undertake clerical duties including filing emailing scanning receiving phone calls providing general information taking messages forwarding calls as appropriate and receiving and directing visitors
- Obtain and document information from claimants employers or other parties
- Type a variety of materials such as correspondence forms reports and material involving technical and industrial terminology
- Maintain files and distribute materials as required
- Receive sort and forward mail as required
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Obtain and record information both orally and in writing
Your experience and educational background:
- A minimum of grade 12 education
- Recent related work experience in a clerical role
- Use Microsoft Word proficiently
- Type a minimum of 35 words per minute
You must submit your application by 4:30 pm on the closing date of the competition.
Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the posting closing date.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process please email the Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury disease and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery rehabilitation and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245000 registered employers in our province.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills knowledge backgrounds abilities and experiences and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming inclusive and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong committed team. Along with a competitive starting salary of $22.13/hour your total compensation package includes vacation optional leave arrangements health care and dental benefits and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team you’ll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Only those under consideration will be contacted. If you’re unsuccessful please accept our appreciation for your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.