Job Responsibilities : Part-Time Haitian Creole English & Humanities Tutor
Salary : $16.50 an hour
Company : Paper
Location : Remote CA
Educational requirements : Graduate
Driven by the mission to democratize education Paper is the largest provider of educational support supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014 Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential independent of socio-economic status geography language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
We are looking for experienced part-time bilingual English & Humanities tutors dedicated to making education more equitable to join our growing team! We are seeking tutors who are comfortable with chat-based tutoring in English as well as in Haitian Creole.
Our tutors are language and writing experts who approach essay review as tutors rather than as editors or proofreaders using the The Paper Method: A Customized Methodology to engage with students and help them develop their skills and confidence by providing individualized guidance and step-by-step support through our live chat-based tutoring platform.
You’ll have the chance to hone your essay review and tutoring skills all while making a meaningful difference in students’ lives by helping them improve their academic professional and personal writing skills. We have tutors online around the clock covering many different subjects and as a Paper Tutor you will receive students in any of the topics that you are proficient in (which you identify in your application). When working in the Paper classroom you may be tutoring several students at once working on varying topics at different grade and ability levels!
- Live Tutoring: Manage tutoring sessions with multiple students (simultaneously) in your area of expertise.
- Essay Review: Provide constructive feedback and suggestions on student essays/assignments.
- Conduct pedagogical assessments and provide feedback to teachers and students.
- Create an engaging learning environment and enhance student confidence and interest in learning.
- Contribute to the tutor team by offering your knowledge and support to peers.
- Bilingual (English + Haitian Creole)
- Availability to work 11am-6pm EST between 12-30 hours per week
- Tutoring experience 1+ year
- Undergraduate Degree (or in the process of completion) in relevant field
- Passionate about learning and teaching
- Ability to adapt to individual student needs and learning styles
- Consistently available to work at least 10 hours per week
- Reliable access to laptop/computer (not a tablet) and internet (we use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for our Essay Review service).
- Ability to sit and type at a computer for long periods of time.
- Work with a dynamic team that provides support whenever you get stuck
- Work from the comfort of your home!
- Flexible schedule based on your availability!
- Opportunity for career development and advancement into management with a fast-growing company
- A unique opportunity to make an impact by making education more equitable
The starting pay for Canadian tutors is $16.50 CAD per hour.
Paper offers an exciting dynamic inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race color religion gender gender orientation gender expression age national origin disability marital status sexual orientation or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board – our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn’t able to pass on any calls/ emails our way – and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.