Job Responsibilities : Fraud Detection Analyst (Full-Time)
Salary : $44000 Per Year
Company : Scotiabank
Location : Remote CA
Requisition ID: 146477
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
When you join Scotiabank you’re part of an internationally recognized award-winning workplace!
Looking for a hybrid role? We have the job for you! We want you to join our team and have the ability to work the way you want! Hybrid means we are flexible on where you work during the week. You will be required to come into the office for a minimum amount of time and certain requirements will need to be in place – read more to find out.
Within Global Operations you’ll be contributing to a high-performing culture focused on servicing our customers. Our emphasis is on building the teams’ expertise and maintaining a solid risk management culture while improving the effectiveness and efficiency of our operations. You will be part of a team that ensures a corporate culture built around high performance and continuous improvement recognition and rewards diversity and inclusion and the core values of respect integrity passion and accountability.
Within the Fraud department we enable the bank’s strategy by safeguarding our customers and the bank through best-in-class fraud management customer and employee experiences.
We are hiring for a number of positions within the Fraud department at our North York office. The office is located at 90 Wynford Drive; it’s TTC accessible and has free parking for employees.
Fraud Detection Analyst – full-time and part-time opportunities available
Hours of Operation: 24/7 365
What will your role be?
- Detect and prevent fraudulent activity with respect to credit cards debit cards and online accounts by:
- Analyzing alerts by using various fraud detection tools
- Making a decision based on your analysis on the most appropriate course of action
- Contacting customers to discuss suspicious activity
Shift: The shift will be determined and communicated during the interview process. We are committed to providing our employees with a balanced working environment and your work schedule will be fixed once assigned; not subject to rotation.
Training: There will be mandatory full-time training for the first 4 weeks of the position for both part-time and full-time roles (Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm).
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- Strong communication skills in French and English is considered an asset
- You are flexible to work during the hours of operation
- You are able to apply your strong analytical skills to make effective decisions
- You are an active listener demonstrate empathy to customers and enjoy building relationships with customers to gain their loyalty
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced changing environment
- You are tech savvy and can navigate between multiple Windows-based application systems
Why join Scotiabank?
- We value our employees and are fully invested in professional development
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package
- We recognize reward and encourage high-performance
- Our North York office is bright and modern is TTC accessible and has free parking for employees
- We prioritize diversity and inclusion and value every voice
Take the first step in joining our Fraud Team in North York Ontario. If you are interested in any or all of the above positions
Say Hello and Apply today!
Mandatory Training: Must be available between 8:00am – 4:00pm EST for up to 6 (six) weeks of full-time training. There will be an opportunity (voluntary) to attend part of this training virtually from home pending technology and hardware set up
Work Schedules & Shifts: We are seeking flexibility from candidates as work schedules can be anytime within our hours of operation (24/7). Regular ongoing work schedules will be finalized with new employees at the time of position offer
Work From Home/Hybrid: If you meet a variety of criteria which includes but not limited to a private workspace internet bandwidth completion of mandatory learning and sustainment of good performance– you’ll be offered the possibility to complete training in a hybrid work model. Working 100% on-site is also a possibility for employees.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
As Canada’s International Bank we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including but not limited to an accessible interview site alternate format documents ASL Interpreter or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.