Job Responsibilities : Overnight Bilingual Part-Time Humanities and Essay Review Tutor (Remote)
Salary : $59000 per year
Company : Paper
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
Driven by the mission to democratize education Paper is the largest provider of educational support supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014 Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential independent of socio-economic status geography language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
We are looking for experienced Bilingual Humanities and Essay Review tutors dedicated to making education more equitable to join our growing team! We are seeking tutors who are comfortable tutoring in English as well as in Spanish French or Mandarin Chinese.
Our team is comprised of language and writing experts who approach essay review as tutors rather than as editors or proofreaders using the Socratic Method to engage with students and help them develop their writing skills by providing comprehensive reviews that focus on content structure tone citations as well as sentence-level mechanical issues such as grammar punctuation etc.
You’ll have the chance to hone your essay review and tutoring skills all while making a meaningful difference in students’ lives by helping them improve their academic professional and personal writing skills.
We have tutors online around the clock covering many different subjects and as a Paper Tutor you will receive students in any of the topics that you are proficient in (which you identify in your application). When working in the Paper classroom you may be tutoring several students at once working on varying topics at different grade and ability levels!
- Live Tutoring: Manage tutoring sessions with multiple students (simultaneously) in your area of expertise.
- Essay Review: Provide constructive feedback and suggestions on student essays/assignments.
- Conduct pedagogical assessments and provide feedback to teachers and students.
- Create an engaging learning environment and enhance student confidence and interest in learning.
- Contribute to the tutor team by offering your knowledge and support to peers.
- Bilingual (English + Spanish Mandarin or French)
- Tutoring experience 1+ year
- Undergraduate Degree (or in the process of completion) in relevant field
- Passionate about learning and teaching
- Ability to adapt to individual student needs and learning styles
- Consistently available to work at least 10 hours per week
- Reliable access to laptop/computer (not a tablet) and internet (we use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for our Essay Review service).
- Ability to sit and type at a computer for long periods of time.
- Work with a dynamic team that provides support whenever you get stuck
- Work from the comfort of your home!
- Flexible schedule based on your availability!
- Opportunity for career development and advancement into management with a fast-growing company
- A unique opportunity to make an impact by making education more equitable
All of our tutors start at $16/hour (adjustments for Emeryville Sunnyvale Mountain View and San Francisco California as well as Seattle Washington). Wages are paid biweekly direct deposit in your national currency.
At this time we are only able to hire within certain locations in Canada and the United States.
A great place to work! Paper offers a fast-paced dynamic inclusive work environment where all employees have an impact. You will be challenged to achieve develop and grow as part of a hyper-growth company.
We are naturally curious and have strong attention to detail. We love working in a team environment where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day. If this sounds like the right fit please apply and come work with us.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race color religion gender gender orientation gender expression age national origin disability marital status sexual orientation or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Job Type: Part-time
Click Here : Apply Now