Job Responsibilities : Transcriptionist II
Salary : $16.84 per hour
Company : ProPath Services LLC
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
ProPath is a nationwide physician-led established and successful anatomic and clinical pathology group and member of Sonic Healthcare USA. We are seeking an exceptional Transcriptionist to join our thriving practice. The ProPath practice alone has over 50 physicians and nearly 550 team members while Sonic Healthcare USA has over 300 physicians and nearly 8000 team members. This is the largest physician-led pathology practice in the country.
Days: Monday – Friday
Hours: 10:00 AM – 6:30 PM
***Remote Position but candidate needs to live in the Dallas Fort Worth are. Training is done in the office. ***
Those duties are performed regularly to accomplish the purpose of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities but rather a general description of the work performed by this position.
- Using transcription equipment accurately transcribe all types of pathology reports in the CoPath system promptly.
- Obtain ICD9 codes for tissue requisitions in an appropriate manner.
- Set up new clients and/or physicians in appropriate system dictionary.
- Assist the QA clerk with processing of QA material on as needed basis.
- Follow the laboratory procedures for processing reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Adhere to all quality control/quality assurance policies and procedures. Document all quality control activities.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect reporting of results.
- Document all corrective actions taken.
- Assist when needed in the proper storage and maintenance of all records.
- Maintain general appearance of the transcription department.
- Review/train for new procedures.
- Attend department meetings.
- Participate in applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual and safety equipment.
- Provide quality customer service.
- Represent ProPath in a courteous professional manner.
- Maintain compliance with company and department policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee patient client and/or company records and issues.
Must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent; Some additional education preferred (medical transcription). Knowledge of medical terminology Effective oral and written communication skills via telephone e-mail and in person. Grammar and proofreading skills Attention to detail and accuracy. Knowledge working with patient and other types of databases. Ability to take the initiative and work independently and within a team. Customer Service driven.
Minimum one year’s experience as a pathology transcriptionist or medical transcription experience.
ProPath offers employees a full benefits package that includes: medical dental a matched 401K plan and much more! EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge (b) in furtherance of an investigation proceeding hearing or action including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)