Job Responsibilities : Finance Advisor I – Remote
Salary : $18 – $20 an hour
Company : Perdoceo Education Corporation
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
Help students navigate the financial aid process and reach their educational goals.
Take students on a tour of their financial aid options. Guide them through the maze of rules regulations and other challenges to help realize their educational goals. Explain funding options available to individuals as a financial aid advisor with Colorado Technical University. Our team is committed to making a difference one amazing student at a time. We invite you to do the same in this exciting role:
Financial Aid Advisor
Apply your active listening and problem-solving skills to carve a path for new students on their journey through the financial aid process. You will connect via phone email and messaging app to determine eligibility for Title IV and other aid sources and ensure that students have a solid understanding of their document requirements viable payment options and the borrowing process.
What you’ll do
- Provide an overview of the financial aid process and available programs.
- Offer assistance for paperwork award information and options available to cover educational expenses.
- Evaluate submitted documentation and communicate any additional requirements.
- Calculate tuition and financial aid awards based on student schedule and eligibility.
- Deliver excellent service while meeting performance metrics.
- Ensure compliance with Title IV state military VA and institutional policies.
- Review changes to financial aid eligibility throughout each student’s degree program.
What is required
- Ability to understand and apply internal and government policies procedures and guidelines
- Capacity to perform calculations including gross and net amounts based on percentages
- Ability to simplify complex information communicate options and answer questions for students
- Proficiency in sorting filtering finding and adjusting data in spreadsheets and using web-based resources
- High school education or equivalent; associate’s degree from an institution of higher learning accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (or international equivalent) preferred
- Financial aid experience preferred
What we offer*
- Comprehensive medical pharmacy dental and vision benefits* for you and your family
- Savings and spending accounts: Health savings account flexible spending account dependent care account and commuter pre-tax spending account
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Additional benefits including an Employee Assistance Program voluntary benefits tuition assistance credit union and adoption assistance
- Most benefits apply to full-time employees. Some benefits apply to part-time employees as well. Benefits may vary by location and position and are subject to change at any time. Ask your recruiter for full details and information about eligible dependents.
About Colorado Technical University (CTU)
For 55 years Colorado Technical University (CTU) has helped students fit a real-world education into their busy daily lives. With nearly 80 degree programs and concentrations in which students can pursue a variety of degrees at the associate bachelor’s master’s and doctoral level. CTU provides flexible online classes accessible through the University’s Virtual Campus or the innovative CTU Mobile app. CTU also maintains two ground campus locations in Colorado Springs and Aurora Colo. With the help of faculty and industry professionals CTU has awarded over 109000 degrees to traditional campus and online students since 1965. For more information about CTU visit www.coloradotech.edu.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colorado Technical University is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and considers all persons without regard to age color disability genetic information marital status national origin race religion sex sexual orientation veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal state or local law.
Pay Range: $18 to $20 per hour