Job Responsibilities : Patient Care Coordinator
Salary : $18 per hour
Company : Omni Eye Specialist
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers incoming telephone calls determines the purpose of each call by investigating the details provided by the caller forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department when the nature of the call falls under another departments responsibility handles calls they are able to manage on their own with courtesy and professionalism.
- Uses critical thinking skills to troubleshoot patient issues or concerns.
- Takes and delivers messages to triage staff or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Documents and records all phone calls fax submissions incoming mail and patient interactions that require the assistance of personnel or department for communication purposes.
- Prepares medical record release requests/ Disability forms and forwards to appropriate personnel to complete.
- Assists medical personnel with returning messages such as patient inquiries at the direction of management or patient services triage staff.
- Ensures patient referral source is kept abreast of patient care by entering all new referring physicians in the provider database and attaching new physician’s contact information to the patients’ electronic chart in all designated areas.
- Organizes and maintains file system ICS and files correspondence and other records.
- Maintains constant accountability for their workstation outside of their break and meal period remains logged on their phone at all times.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed.