Job Responsibilities : Office Assistant 1
Salary : $31,870 – $39,423 a year
Company : Transportation, Department of
Location : Remote US
To be considered for permanent appointment candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law or be appointed in accordance with provisions provided by Civil Service Law Section 55b/c.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor scheduled events in Conference Rooms
- Operate audio visual equipment in Conference Rooms
- Set up and break down the furniture and audio visual equipment required for Conference Room events
- Exchange locking mechanisms and keys for offices drawers file and storage cabinets
- Delivery and pickup of Recycle and Confidential Bins throughout the building
- Assist as needed at the Department Warehouse
- Respond to and track incoming emails and telephone calls
- Operate and perform basic cleaning and maintenance on office machines and equipment.
- Support the daily activities and demands of Facilities Management
- Other duties as assigned
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
- Telecommuting: The Department’s current telecommuting agreement is valid through December 31 2022 and is subject to extension beyond that date.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161 no State entity as defined by the Executive Order is permitted to ask or mandate in any form that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation or any prior compensation history until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time please contact the Office of Employee Relations at
(518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.