Job Responsibilities : Registered Nurse
Salary : $68,078 – $82,742 a year
Company : County Of Mendocino
Location : Remote US
or weekly testing per the applicable
California Public Health Officer’s Order
may be available. Eligibility for telework is based on the position employee and telework environment; not every position or every employee will be compatible to telework. Please see
Policy #57 Telework Policy and Program Guidelines
Recruitments posted as Continuous are subject to close at any time (sometimes without warning) after an initial two-week posting period. Upon closing the applications received will be screened (generally within 48 hours) and notices will be sent to the applicants regarding the status of their application. Once a continuous recruitment closes it will often be posted again immediately. You will not be notified by HR regarding the status of your application until the recruitment you applied under closes.
The list developed from this recruitment will be used for a limited period to fill open and promotional regular full-time and part-time positions in a variety service areas and locations
throughout the County
should they occur.
Under general supervision performs complex professional-level nursing services involving consulting assessing and making recommendations pertinent to programs. Performs case management and provides education guidance concerning medical needs and assistance with social issues throughout the county. Positions may be office field or clinic-based depending on the program.
PH Nursing – CCS HCPCFC
– Provide nursing case management in the California Children’s Services (CCS) program and Health Care Program for Children in Foster Care (HCPCFC).
PH Nursing – CD/IZ
– Responsible for investigation prevention and control of infectious disease education and assistant in vaccination clinics.
Bilingual English/Spanish encouraged to apply.
Se buscan personas bilingües en inglés y español. Para recibir una solicitud en español llame a Recursos Humanos al 234-6600.
- Provide comprehensive health services across the continuum of care including medically fragile populations throughout the life span under the direction of a professional nurse or health care provider. Services may include assessment of psychosocial physical developmental spiritual and emotional needs.
- Perform professional nursing functions including: receiving referrals; creating files; making appointments; evaluating paramedical needs and making nursing assessments; completing required documents receiving health care provider’s orders and notifying clients; interpreting medical language; clarifying diagnoses; suggesting treatments; making referrals and educating clients on proper preparation for same; performing various biological tests (i.e. urine hemoglobin etc.); reviewing assessment billing; creating files; and entering data and maintaining database.
- Conduct consultations and case management functions including: visiting homes with social workers and evaluating clients; reviewing current files and creating health care provider files; completing various documents; creating implementing and/or revising treatment plans; consulting with officials of other agencies; and closing cases when goals are achieved.
- Respond to emergency situations including: receiving calls; assessing referrals for eligibility urgency and risk; developing preliminary plans; communicating with sources of referral law enforcement officials other involved agencies neighbors family etc.; documenting case activities; and closing cases when goals are achieved.
- Prepares progress notes charts and closing and/or transfer summaries on clients.
- Enter and retrieve information from computer systems including a variety of daily monthly and yearly reports.
- Disseminate a variety of information to various agencies divisions or departments via telephone employee meetings mail email or fax.
- Educate clients in self administration of daily tests medications and therapies per health care provider orders.
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of public health concerns through attendance at workshops meetings specialty clinics protocols journals and classes.
- Participate in the operation of health clinics (i.e. interviewing and counseling clients performing diagnostic tests giving prescribed treatment assisting in the operation of special equipment; cleaning and sterilizing medical supplies and equipment and making necessary referrals).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree or Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in Nursing; and six (6) months of professional-level nursing experience; or when possessing required license a combination of related education training and experience which provides the required knowledge skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Licenses and Certifications:
Valid Driver’s License
Valid California Registered Nurse
Current Basic Life Support Completion Card issued by the American Heart Association or equivalent
- Applicable state federal and local ordinances laws rules and regulations.
- Nursing theory principles and practices.
- Human development across the life span.
- Administration of immunizations and their possible side effects storage and inventory requirements.
- Perinatal infant child adolescent and adult growth and development nutritional needs and immunization.
- Adult/Child abuse and neglect.
- Infection control practices and procedures sterile techniques and the consequences of contaminations on safety and accuracy in the clinic.
- Causes treatment prevention and early detection of communicable or chronic diseases and handicapping conditions.
- Medical terminology.
- Medical equipment supplies and their use.
- Nursing and health maintenance education.
- Eligible medical conditions.
- Nutrition preventive medicine and health practices.
- Community resources related to nursing.
- Emergency care.
- Environmental sociological and psychological problems encountered when working with families.
- Standards of the Privacy Act of 1974 (U.S.C. §552A) as amended; maintains and enforces all aspects of confidentiality of client information.
- Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) in health and health care.
- Using tact discretion initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Communicating clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing including motivational/reflective interviewing techniques.
- Utilizing software applications and hardware related to performance of the essential functions of the job.
- Organizing work setting priorities meeting critical deadlines and following up on assignments with a minimal direction.
- Data collection assessment and planning interventions implementation of plan and evaluation.
- Providing case management.
- Providing counseling and risk assessment.
- Writing clear and concise reports correspondence and other written materials.
Mental and Physical Abilities:
- Recognize and appropriately act in response to normal and abnormal behavior patterns.
- Recognize and act appropriately in response to indications of abuse and neglect across the lifespan domestic violence substance use and abuse.
- Managing difficult clients and dangerous situations.
- Communicate effectively with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Observe proper safety precautions and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Serve as a resource for problems and issues.
- Perform lab procedures.
- Prepare client documentation reports and records.
- Train/teach classes.
- Read analyze and interpret professional periodicals and journals technical procedures and government regulations.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision ability to discriminate between colors and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the essential functions of this job the incumbent is regularly required to: walk; sit; use hands to finger handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; speak and hear; and push pull move or lift above and below the neck objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the essential functions of this job the incumbent may infrequently be required to push pull move or lift below the neck objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- It is your responsibility to demonstrate through your application materials how you meet the minimum qualifications of the position/s for which you apply.
- You must complete all sections of the application. A résumé or other information you feel will help us evaluate your qualifications may be attached to your completed application but will not be accepted in lieu of completing any part of the application. Blank applications that contain only a résumé or those that reference “see résumé” will be rejected as incomplete.
- Check your application before submitting to ensure it is complete and correct; no new or additional information will be accepted after the closing date.
- Inquiry will be made of your former and current employers; please provide the names and telephone numbers of supervisors on your application.
- You must provide the names and contact information of at least three (3) references (not relatives) that have knowledge of your job skills experience ability and/or character.
- Application materials are the property of Mendocino County and will not be returned.
- It is your responsibility to keep your NEOGOV profile updated including any changes to your telephone number or address. Failure to do so may result in missed notification of exams or interviews.
- The exam process listed on this flyer is tentative. Mendocino County reserves the right to make necessary modifications to the examination plan. Such revisions will be in accordance with approved personnel standards. Should a change be made applicants will be notified.
- The provisions of this job bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract.
Examination Process: All complete applications will be reviewed with those judged most qualified progressing further in the selection process. Based on the number of qualified candidates an oral examination (weight 100) or an unassembled exam consisting of an evaluation of education and experience as stated on the application form will be administered. The examination process will test the knowledge and abilities described above. A minimum score of 70 must be attained for placement on the employment list.
Special Testing: If you require special testing arrangements to accommodate a disability or religious conviction you must contact Human Resources at
707.234.6600 prior to the test date to make your requirements known. You must provide enough advance notice to allow Human Resources to properly review and evaluate your request.
Special Requirements: Employment in some County departments or positions may require the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background which may include fingerprinting and/or a medical examination which may include drug screening.
This announcement is a synopsis of duties and requirements of this job. To review the complete classification specification and benefits please see the HR website. Applications must be submitted to the Human Resources Department by the final filing date.
The County of Mendocino is an Equal Opportunity Employer