Job Responsibilities : Trauma Registrar
Salary : $18 per hour
Company : Atrium Health
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
The Trauma Registrar will report to the Trauma Services Manager and be expected to:
- Identify patients who meet criteria for inclusion in the Trauma Registry.
- Navigate the electronic medical record (EMR) and interpret documented data.
- Enter data into the Trauma Registry according to the trauma data dictionary definition.
- Assign appropriate ICD 10 PCS and perform AIS (Abbreviated Injury Severity) coding and Injury Severity Scoring with a 95% or greater abstracting accuracy rate.
Education Training and Experience:
- High school diploma required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in healthcare-related field (preferred)
- A solid knowledge of anatomy
- Medical terminology 3) ICD coding and the ability to consistently meet productivity goals.
- Previous experience with another disease registry or benchmarking database is considered a plus.
- AAAM AIS injury coding and ATS Trauma Registry course attendance certified AIS specialist (CAISS) or certified specialist trauma registrar (CSTR)
- certifications strongly preferred.