Job Responsibilities : Azure Data Engineer (Recent Graduate)
Salary : 17 per hour
Company : Bayshore HealthCare
Location : Remote CA
Educational requirements : Graduate
Bayshore HealthCare is a privately held company and has consistently delivered strong growth in home care specialty pharma and served diversified client groups and communities across Canada. It is a complex organization comprised of several legal entities and operating segments with a strong employee centric entrepreneurial culture. Bayshore HealthCare is proud to showcase its achievement as a Platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies Program every year since 2006.
Reporting to the Manager Enterprise Data Architecture and Engineering the Enterprise Data Engineer (“Data Engineer”) will primarily support the new Azure cloud analytic environment within Bayshore. In this capacity you will be fully trained to develop and maintain structures to support Data Analytics within Bayshore including but not limited to; OLAP databases data models and data transformations. You bring a strong technical acumen and demonstrated success in your recent post-secondary studies and a strong desire to learn this exciting new technology.
At the start of your employment you will undergo a full orientation to Bayshore as well as an intensive multi-week training program in all aspects of Azure Data Engineering. Employment is contingent on successful completion of this training.
The Azure Data Engineer reports directly to Manager Enterprise Data Architecture and Engineering.
- Build scalable and resilient Data & Analytics solutions in Microsoft Azure (cloud)
- Build technical solutions in the cloud to ingest process store and provision data for analytics
- Develop and document source to target transformation rules and data mapping in Azure Data Factory
- Develop source and target reconciliation report to validate data transformations.
- Design database objects i.e. index trigger stored procedures and develop database change scripts.
- Develop and maintain SQL queries to fulfill data requests.
- Participate in the review of maintenance release artefacts – Use Case System Requirement Specification etc.
- Investigate and resolve issues in cloud analytic environments
- Deliver detailed system design documents and any other supporting documentation conforming to standards.
- Provide effective knowledge transfer when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science) from an accredited university or similar completion of an equivalent college or hybrid program
- Demonstrated success in your post-secondary program
No experience required – we will train in all aspects of the role
Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong technical acumen
- Strong SQL Programming knowledge required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid verbal written and visual presentation skills.
- Structured thinker and effective communicator comfortable with interacting with customers.
- Ability to work independently establishing strategic objectives project plans and milestone goals
- Must be time flexible and willing to put in extra time when required by deadlines or system problems.
- Must possess well developed communication and interpersonal skills with above average diplomatic abilities for user interaction.
- Must possess a strong quality focus.
- Interested in learning new technologies and building skills and experience
- Able to work with a project team.
Work Hours and Location
The Azure Data Engineer typically works 37.5 hours per week during regular business hours. However some work may be required after hours or on weekends depending on implementation and change schedules. This position is intended to be a blended remote/in-office role with the employee being on site 2-3 days per week or as needed. However if the candidate is not living within a distance from the office that makes coming in an option this role can be entirely remote.
Bayshore is committed to a high quality and safe environment for both our staff and clients/patients. At Bayshore all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada.