Job Responsibilities : Staff Digital Product Designer (Open to remote work, except the following locations: SD, VT, and WV)
Salary : From $140,000 a year
Company : Nike
Location : Remote US
Become a Part of the NIKE Inc. Team
NIKE Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow think dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers leaders and visionaries. At NIKE Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE Inc. designs the future. At NIKE Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists inventors and specialists all with different focuses including color and material experts and apparel footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future aggressively pursuing materials ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
Nike is a technology company. From our web and mobile experiences to the world-class digital tools and data that fuel them our teams exist to empower every athlete* to make sport a daily habit. We’re inspired by the Nike legends who built an empire rethinking product and service and we bring that level of innovation to our technologies.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You’re known for your well-honed design skills and talent for leading teams through design projects. You’re the glue between design engineering and product. You lead a project from start to finish — solving design challenges while encouraging others through your work and collaboration. You’re also growing your leadership skills by being a mentor to other designers.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
The Core Commerce Privacy & Identity Team is responsible for the UX and design of digital product features and capabilities that deliver the best possible brand experience across Nike’s consumer setup and browse – defining how users onboard manage privacy discover navigate search and engage with Nike’s products storytelling and brand experiences on nike.com and in the Nike App. As a key member of this team you’ll report into the Design Manager of Setup & Browse within Nike Digital Product Design.
WHAT YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE
- Designing incredibly polished work that represents the Nike brand and product experience through visual comps wireframes flows and prototypes
- Being responsible for an entire product space or working on large projects that encompass multiple broad/undefined features
- Thinking big innovating and driving execution on cross-team products or a domain area
- Rapidly iterating and refining design concepts－from initial briefing through final implementation
- Facilitating and leading brainstorms and workshops
- Working closely and collaboratively with a cross-functional team of producers product managers project managers engineers researchers and fellow designers
- Inspiring new ways of thinking and exploring the unknown using fresh and unique approaches to design problems
- Mentoring and providing effective feedback to fellow designers and interns to uplevel their craft and skills
- Evangelizing the Nike brand and driving initiatives that strengthen Nike’s design culture internally
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
- 8+ years of proven experience with end-to-end digital product design with proven experience in visual and UX
- A bachelor’s degree or any combination of education training and experience in design UX/UI design human-computer interaction or a related field
- Experience in e-commerce with first-hand knowledge of UX best practices and patterns with online retail sites
- Strong understanding of product thinking interaction design data science experimentation and execution(expert in one or more areas)
- Hands-on creative and systems thinker with strong UX/UI/IA design expertise
- Demonstrated user-centric design approach and insights-based design process
- Strong collaborator with product managers engineers writers researchers and marketers
- Strong design process;ability to supply new processes or enhancements to cross-functional teams
- Experience working with consumer research and data
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills — providing accurate estimations and often helping the team deliver early
- Ability to influence or create design patterns or standards that are adopted by other teams
- Highly proficient with design and prototyping tools such as Figma Adobe CC Principle and Keynote
- Cross-platform design experiences (web Android iOS emails)
- Ability to communicate a vision for the work in a way others can relate to and buy into
- Ability to establish an integrated look and feel between all pieces of a large project
- Experience launching software at scale in a fast-paced product organization
- Passion for the Nike brand sport and for creating high-quality work
- A fascination with innovation and technology and a solid understanding of digital tools and trends
Open to remote work except cannot work in South Dakota Vermont and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate. For employees based in Colorado this position starts at $140000 per year. Information about benefits can be found here.
Candidates must submit an online portfolio with samples of their design work to be considered for the position.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package casual work environment a diverse and inclusive culture and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location or the role every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race color religion sex national origin age sexual orientation gender identity gender expression veteran status or disability.