Job Responsibilities : Technical Analyst, Network
Salary : $73000 Per Year
Company : Bell Canada
Location : Remote CA
As the largest high-tech team in Canada Network and Technology Services builds cutting edge fibre and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the forefront of developing Bell’s leading products and services: Fibe TV and Internet Wireless Smart Home cloud security and IoT. We enable the delivery of the best content from Crave TSN/RDS iHeart Radio and dozens of other leading media properties to our customers any time on any device.
The ICN Operations team is looking for someone with Technical Network competencies/certifications as well as excellent teamwork skills.
The Network specialist will be responsible for supporting ICN connectivity for Bell’s critical applications. Which are used by more than 60000 people to provide services to our paying customers.
The Network Specialist will act as a 3rd line Operational manager will be involved in the engineering and design of internal services and will collaborate in multiple IT projects with CSEs and Architecture teams.
- Provide 3rd line support to the NOC teams and Help desks needing our assistance
- Ongoing support and communication to the applications sponsors about network changes incidents and projects
- Provide technical leadership to clients and internal support teams in assessing all aspects of network solution implementation needs such as : addressing routing protocols bandwidth performance security availability capacity optimization and operational manageability
- Automation – Develop tools (scripts/programs) for automating routine activities
- Maintain an excellent communication with our multiples collaborators and executives
- Design Consultation (assist CSE’s technology)
- Driving Continuous Improvement opportunities to improve Operational cost structure while maintaining or improving customer service (streamline process automation skill set training documentation
- To make recommendations based on the collection of the network statistics for improvements in the existing network.
- On a rotation schedule provide 7/24 support
- Strong technical leadership
- Expertise in F5 design administration and support.
- In depth knowledge and hands-on experience in implementing routing and switching technologies and protocols (e.g. EIGRP OSPF BGP)
- Excellent communication skills : Oral and written
- Team player capacity to challenge the status quo
- Able to manage complex situations and executive escalations involving many partners and Outsourcing support personnel.
- Ability to quickly assess a situation and bring key resources to action troubleshoot
- Experience in network planning and management of network infrastructures.
- Ability for technical and process documentation and training skills
- Minimum 3 year expert working knowledge IP (WAN/LAN) infrastructures consisting of Cisco F5 Juniper Aruba Wireless (Routing Switching Load Balancers and DNS).
- Extensive knowledge of the OSI model TCP/IP protocol stack network protocols such as DNS DHCP FTP HTTP HTTPS VOIP etc
- Extensive knowledge of Routing Protocols (BGP OSPF EIGRP …..)
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco (IOS and IOS-XR)
- Knowledge of SNMP DNS/DHCP etc…
- Solid understanding of:
- IP/MPLS technologies
- Routing and switching
- Internetworking hardware (Cisco Juniper etc.)
- SLB/GSLB (F5)
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate CCNA CCNP or CCIE certifications.
- F5 Certification
- Work hours are Monday – Friday normal 37.5 hours weeks
- Work start and finish times are flexible.
- Rotational On Call
- Asset Bi-lingual (English and French)
- Office & Work from home model.
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Dorval || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : New Brunswick : Fredericton || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Prince Edward Island : Charlottetown || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 07/12/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive equitable and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued respected and supported and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada QC Montreal
Bell one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.