Job Responsibilities : Gameplay Engineer
Salary : $96000 per year
Company : Netflix
Location : Remote US
ENGINEERING AT NIGHT SCHOOL
Coding is just as creative as other roles at Night School. Our engineering team highly values cross-disciplinary thinking. Creating great gameplay experiences requires engineers to not only imagine elegant extensible and optimized systems but also to appreciate communicate and integrate with matters of art design and narrative. Here you’ll flex your ingenuity and skill in multiple areas as needs arise whether directly in our games as part of a development support system or as part of our in-house storytelling toolset NightTools.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a talented driven and passionate gameplay engineer to help us build the best experiences possible for our existing and upcoming games. We want someone who is not only an excellent coder with both breadth and depth of technical skills but who also understands how implementation details affect the player experience. A qualified candidate is very skilled at coding quality gameplay systems is familiar with Unity and thrives in small to midsize teams.
- Implement game systems for all of Night School’s live and upcoming projects
- Help maintain our game codebases by testing analyzing debugging and optimizing
- Work closely with peers and leadership to develop features that are of a cohesive technical and creative vision
- Provide technical expertise to other departments where needed
- Learn new skills tools and workflows on the fly to adapt to current needs
- Driven to build and maintain the highest-quality experiences for players
- Skilled at writing code that is elegant extensible and optimized
- Proficient at giving and receiving quality critique and feedback
- Self-starter willing to seek out solutions and ask questions when necessary
- Mindful of the needs of a team as individuals and as a whole
Skills & Requirements:
- Skilled in Unity
- Significant experience in C# or C++
- Expertise in one or more areas of game engineering
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members
- Two or more shipped games
- Desire to contribute to world-class interactive stories!
- BONUS: Experience with mobile or console development
- BONUS: Desire to contribute to world-class interactive stories!