Job Responsibilities : Martin’s Direct Shopper
Salary : $12 – $15 an hour
Company : Martin’s® Food Markets
Location : Waynesboro, VA 22980 US
BASIC PURPOSE: The primary purpose of this position is:
Accurately select Martin’s Direct orders throughout the entire store while maintaining all company service policies and established procedures including Safety Food Safety and Sanitation practices
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Primary accountability for specific functions and results)
1. Greet all customers and provide them with prompt courteous service and assistance.
2. Accurately match all items from the customer’s on-line shopping list.
3. Ability to shop multiple customer orders simultaneously using the designated tools and equipment.
4. Substitute items for customers if they request it.
5. Assist customers picking up orders at the designated parking spots or drive thru.
6. Recognize or differentiate between all various types of produce merchandise carried in the store including differences between varieties of similar classes of products (e.g. apples lettuces etc.).
7. Bag or package merchandise according to established company policies and procedures. Label and store in designated area for customer pick up.
8. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
9. Must dress according to company policy and maintain a neat clean appearance at all times.
1. Observe and follow all company policies and procedures including safety food safety and sanitation practices
2. Observe and follow all company policies and established procedures.
3. Treat all associates with fairness dignity and respect.
4. Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervision.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: To competently perform at a proficient level and be fully qualified a person would be expected to have:
Education (Minimum Needed): N/A
Experience (Minimum Needed): N/A
Specialized Knowledge Needed: Excellent interpersonal organizational communication and customer service skills
Special Skills: Ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements to solve problems. Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform job functions
Other: High level multi-tasking abilities as needed to shop multiple orders at once in a timely fashion
1. Perform repetitive hand motions using various equipment while standing/walking 90% of your shift
2. Bend lift push or pull the following weights and frequencies:
-Bend/Lift 15 pounds continuously
-Bend/Lift 25 pounds frequently
-Bend/Lift 50 pounds on occasion
-Push or Pull 75 pounds on occasion
3. Frequent reaching and grabbing at waist level: occasionally above shoulder or below waist level
4. Gather up to 5 shopping carts at a time and push them to designated areas
5. Work in and out of inclement weather
6. Can handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials packaging materials fresh fruits vegetables house plants/flowers and household cleaners
7. Have sufficient visual acuity to read the picking device display screen as well as check ID cards PC screens invoices and other written documents
8. Meet established volume activity standards
Job Types: Full-time Part-time
Pay: $12.00 – $15.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location