Job Responsibilities : Multimedia Generalist
Salary : $80000 per year
Company : Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc.
Location : Remote US
AMA is currently seeking to hire a full-time Multimedia Generalist to support various projects for NASA’s Human Exploration Initiative at the NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston. This position can be done remotely.
Analytical Mechanics Associates (AMA www.ama-inc.com) is proud of our customer relationships our diverse and dynamic work environment and our employees’ career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering business analytics information technology and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton Virginia AMA also has operations in Huntsville (Alabama) Dallas (Texas) Denver (Colorado) Mountain View (California) and Houston (Texas). We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package including paid personal leave and holidays salary deferrals into a 401(k)matching plan with immediate vesting tuition reimbursement short/long term disability plans medical dental and vision insurance. Our website describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
AMA Studios (www.amastudios.com) a division of AMA was formed when our visualization and information technology expertise became in high demand by both commercial and government organizations in a variety of disciplines. Today AMA Studios provides a complete suite of media solutions to clients in aerospace healthcare pharmaceuticals and more. We are especially proud of our work supporting NASA’s missions: past present and future. Our work has been featured on CNN MSNBC WIRED and the Discovery Channel.
AMA is currently seeking to hire a full-time Multimedia Generalist to support various projects. This position primarily supports NASA’s Human Exploration Initiative at the NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston. Multimedia products to be develop take the form of a wide range of engineering visualizations that illustrate advanced concepts for Lunar exploration (Artemis missions lunar bases “Gateway” lunar orbiting space station) and crewed missions to Mars. These serve to communicate exploration concepts and designs to stakeholders as well as providing engineer tools to enable trade studies.
The successful candidate is exceptionally motivated and wants to be part of building a world-class design team and long-term client success. We work heavily with NASA so a passion to support America’s space program is critical. The Multimedia position is responsible for the overall planning and execution of Multimedia projects. This includes directing projects to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions. The available position(s) require a diverse range of experience and multimedia expertise to contribute to the planning and implementation of innovative media products. This is a remote position which can be based in either Houston Texas Hampton VA or other locations. The salary range for this position is 60-80k.
- Bachelor’s Degree in multimedia arts computer science or graphics or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in multimedia or related field
- Strong background in multimedia graphics and visualization is required
- Self-Starter with a proactive attitude in solving problems. Knows when to solve problems and when to ask assistance when necessary from team members or supervisor.
- Proven ability to visually solve problems in collaboration with a broader team including other artists and design leads.
- Excellent ability to direct multiple media disciplines.
- Ability to effectively present concepts & ideas.
- Ensure schedules and plans meet business and project needs.
- Experience managing multiple projects is highly desirable.
- Design and development of 3D models (Modo Cinema 4D (C4D)) backgrounds rigging characters and objects. Development of the overall timing and pace of object movements. Transfer of models and artwork between various modeling and production tools. Knowledgeable in all aspects of 3D modeling kinematics animation and rendering.
- Must be able to solely author illustrations or animations from beginning to end
- Experience with 2D Graphic Design Print Media & Interactive Media
- Must have experience with Adobe software
- Ability to create thematic narrative & storyboards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software
- Experience with Engineering & Scientific Visualization
- Experience with Videography & Video Production
- Security clearance or experience with the Department of Defense is a positive.
- A degree background or experience in instructional design is highly desirable.
- Experience in Motion Design After Effects and scripting is a highly desirable.
- Experience with Substance Design and Painter is a highly desirable.
- Experience with Zbrush (or other sculpting software) is desirable.
- Experience in VR and Gaming engines (Unity/Unreal) is desirable.
- Experience programing Unity/Unreal is highly desirable.
- Experience with Virtual/Augmented Reality and gaming engines is required including the ability to program in unity and or unreal is desirable.
Must be US Citizen due to government facility security requirements
AMA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin age disability protected veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal State or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60000.00 – $80000.00 per year