Job Responsibilities : Mobile App Android Developer
Salary : $101000 per year
Company : Costco Wholesale
Location : Chicago, IL US
This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of Costco’s success is its culture. The value Costco puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In 2018 Costco contributed over $39 million to organizations such as United Way and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion we continue to provide a family employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
Costco is looking for an experienced Android Developer to join its mobile app development team responsible for Costco.com public application. The successful candidate must be proficient in all aspects of a mobile app’s lifecycle from concept to delivery. The individual in this role may be asked to be the development lead on projects to ensure the delivery of high quality artifacts; and to follow Costco’s SDLC.
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Delivers across the entire app life cycle – concept design build deploy test release to Play Store and support.
- Interacts directly with other developers and stakeholders to conceptualize build test and release products.
- Understands the “cutting edge” technology while delivering reliable functionality to the market.
- Partners with the User Experience team to build new features.
- Optimizes performance for mobile applications.
- Keeps up to date on the latest industry trends in Android technology.
- Explains technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Provides accurate and timely estimates and work breakdown schedules.
- Creates conceptual and detailed technical design documents.
- Adopts and implements standards and best practices for software development.
- Provides 3rd-level application support for production installed components.
- Provides 24 x 7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
- 4+ years’ experience with building production level software systems with expertise in Java.
- 4+ years’ experience developing in a distributed application environment.
- 2+ years’ experience as a development lead on major projects.
- Expert understanding of Android SDK (Activity/Fragment Lifecycle Location Services etc.).
- Experience with writing Unit tests and UI tests.
- Solid understanding of mobile networking concepts and tools – RESTful API Retrofit Volley.
- Strong knowledge of object oriented concepts.
- Experience using cloud services – Firebase or AWS.
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience is a plus.
- Experience developing in Kotlin.
- Experience in using popular 3rd party libraries.
- Experience in Android Jetpack tools.
- Experience with profiling tools to identify inefficiencies and improve app stability.
- Experience with one or more common architectural patterns (MVVM MVP etc.).
- Cover Letter
California applicants please click here to review the Costco Applicant Privacy Notice.
Apart from any religious or disability considerations open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization including but not limited to H1-B visas.